Sears Canada - cancelled service appointment(loss of days pay for nothing)

Posted on Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 at 10:18am CDT by John

Company: Sears Canada

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

We had a problem with our Kenmore washing machine so on 03/08/12, I called their customer service dept. numerous times until I got someone who's english I could understand to set up a service appt. He did for the 7th. I then told him repeatedly that I would be losing a days work($250) and wanted him to ensure that if they had issues that day that I would be on the priority list to be serviced. He repeatedly re-assured me that someone would show up. Well, they did'nt. I got a call at 8:15 AM on the 7th and she told me they were "overbooked" that day and no one would be out. I was livid. No apology and no offer of compensation for my lost day of work. I've explained this to 3 other "customer service" reps and a manager to no avail, too bad so sad.

After 30 years as a sears customer, I will never spend another cent on them, ever! I am also exploring legal action.

I can see now why Sears have been closing stores across the country. Inferior, overpriced products, and poor customer service will do that.