GiftCards.com (aka: Wolfe Rewards and Loyalty) - Declined Final Transaction(s) when LESS than Open Balance

Posted on Thursday, October 11th, 2012 at 3:15pm CDT by Angela D.

Product: consumer services

Company: GiftCards.com (aka: Wolfe Rewards and Loyalty)

Location: 495 Mansfield Avenue
PITTSBURGH, PA, 15205, US

URL: www.giftcards.com

Category: Products, Services

Don't trouble yourself to total your sales receipts for dispute regarding final transaction(s) being denied. We've learned the hard way that the electronic network of this company has it's own shabby, if not falsified, accounting of your transaction history. And we've learned this from the people receiving the gift cards purchased by us for them. It's embarrassing. And it's illegal, if done on a class-action basis among all customers of this company doing business across statelines.

If you experience this as well, just stop buying this gift card product and simply complete a complaint form from the office of your state's Attorney General. If in Illinois, then (800) 243-0618. If Chicago, then (800) 386-5438. If Indiana, then (800) 382-5516. If Wisconsin, then (800) 422-7128.

Feel free to contact me for the phone number of other state's Attorney General consumer protection division.

Business Reply  Tom C., 2012-10-14, 10:30AM CDT

GiftCards.com takes great pride in providing world class customer service to all of our customers. In situations wherein a customer is unhappy with the product or services they've received, I personally step in to ensure that we are taking all reasonable steps to ensure the customer is satisfied. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction.

I have personally communicated with this customer on a number of occasions.

This customer disputes a charge placed on his gift card. He insists the transaction did not go through at the point of sale. The merchant indicates otherwise. The merchant indicates the sale did go through and the charge is legitimate.

We have instructed this customer repeatedly that a Dispute Form must be completed and returned to us to be able to have the processor research the issue. This is the same form that would be used to dipute a charge on ANY prepaid gift card or credit card. It is standard throughout the industry.

This customer has refused to complete and return the form to us. We have instructed him repeatedly that a claim can not be submitted without the form.

The customer seems to expect us to reverse a charge on his gift card based on nothing more than his insistence that we do so. He has been completely unwilling to provide us with any additional information.

Instead, he chose to come to this website and malign an incredibly ethical company like GiftCards.com.

We are VISA, Mastercard and Discover certified and must pass rigorous regulatory requirements. We not only meet the standards set by these highly reputable businesses, we exceed them.

It is, at least, dishonest to suggest that we have done or would ever do business in anything other than an ethical manner.

I would still appreciate the opportunity to assist this customer with his concern. I would appreciate it if he would fill out the dispute form as required and forward it to me. I assure him I will personally see to it that the form and the claim is expedited (as I have repeatedly offered previously).

Tom Cribbs