IMG Sports Academy - IMG Baseball Academy-The Big Ripoff!!

Posted on Monday, October 8th, 2012 at 11:34am CDT by james s.

Product: sports academy

Company: IMG Sports Academy

Category: Sports, Recreation

Back in August, we went down to IMG and visited the baseball academy. The salesman took us around and showed us the facility and assured us that the program being offered was world class, high intensity and high performance.

We were sold on the academy, and I wrote them a deposit for, lets say, a lot of money. We leased an apartment, rented 4 rooms of furniture and moved a lot of personal stuff down to Florida over the course of the first weekend in September.

When I accompanied my son to the first practice, I realized we had been deceived. The stretch and warm up included one coach for 70 kids. 4 batting cages with two coaches trying to give 20 kids instruction all in a period of one hour. There were no throwing drills and no fly balls to the outfield. Most of the time, the coaches stand around and just watch the kids. Most of the afternoon, the kids just stood around, waiting in lines as long as Disney World.

You will find that throwing your money out of a helicopter or down the toilet will provide a greater reward than the IMG Baseball Academy. By all means, dont let your family undergo the disappointment and financial loss we went thru.