US Weekly, SUBCO, Millennium Marketing - Unauthorized Subscription

Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 at 6:19pm CDT by Jenn

Company: US Weekly, SUBCO, Millennium Marketing

Category: Magazines, Newspapers

I received a US Weekly magazine in the mail today. I have never ordered this magazine, nor would I ever. Not of my interest. I went onto their website and found that the subscription was ordered through SUBCO and I would need to contact them to cancel. (1-800-258-3350 is the number for SUBCO) I promptly called them and the lady I talked to was very polite although I was put on hold within 10 seconds of her answering. But she did cancel the order and when I told her I had never ordered this she informed me it was a complimentary year subscription placed through another company. That company was Millennium Marketing, was given the number to contact them as well (1-800-456-6565). Have to wait until Monday to contact them. Am unable to find a number for US Weekly, if anyone stumbles across this please share. Asked the lady at Subco to remove me from their list and was told they did not have any list. I find it very odd that anyone would receive a complimentary year subscription for a weekly magazine with an annual price of $150+! I best not be charged a penny. No card info was provided, but they already had my name, address and email so who knows what other info they have?? Searches for SUBCO have brought up many complaints of fraud and Millennium Marketing, well I can't find anything on a company with that name dealing with magazines. Hope this doesn't turn into a long fight as I have read from others!!

dd3ad2f9, 2013-02-12, 02:59PM CST

I noticed this too and I had not subscribed either. I found a link to their site: http://www.usmagazine.com/services/subscriberservices and clicked on "Account Status". On the Subscriber Only Login section, I filled out my info and I was soon able to find out when my "subscription" was placed. My receipt said to call 800-258-3350 which I did and spoke with a very polite "Gloria". She informed me that both US Weekly and Better Homes & Gardens were bth free introductory offers (free 1 year subscription to both) and if I didnt want to renew to just ignore the renewal cards. She said the subscription was absolutely free and they did not have my credit card on file but I'm not taking the chance. I cancelled both and got a confirmation number from her.

I also researched the US Weekly subscription price and it ranged from $30 - $67 (Barnes & Nobel) to $69.99 on the US Weekly website. Either way, I smell something fishy!

Cyndi O., 2014-08-01, 09:10PM CDT

I also just started getting US WEEKLY & BETTER HOMES & GARDENS. I first called US WEEKLY who told me the subscription was placed through a company named "SUBCO", & there was nothing they could do to cancell the subscription. They could thou, give me the phone no. to SUBCO, Inc. The number is 800-258-3350. I called & was told I needed to call back during business hours. I called at 2:00pm on a Friday afternoon. Is this a way people can use this company to subscribe you to magazines you don's want, then have to deal with the hassle of getting out of the subscription. I also as the person above don't like the idea of a company I know nothing about having my Personal Information. Is there anything that can be done about this happening to what seems quite a few people?