Cost Plus World Market - World Market - Tucson Store #137 Allows Unauthorized Charges

Posted on Friday, September 7th, 2012 at 2:41pm CDT by D R.

Company: Cost Plus World Market

Location: 5975 E Broadway Blvd # 100 Tucson, AZ
TUCSON, AZ, 85711, US

URL: www.worldmarket.com

Category: Unauthorized Charges

A purchase of items was made on 08/31/12 and the debit card used was charged three times for the one purchase. The store supervisor Marco advised me that they have been informed it was a "global issue" provided by Bank of America who controls their debit machines. Marco continues to state that the charges were not really charges and has not gone through in my account. I replied that my online bank statement shows that the purchase price as been deducted out of my checking three times. His customer support advise was for me to call Bank of America and have them deal with the situation. I asked for the phone number and Cost Plus's account number in order to reference my unauthorized purchases. Marco's response "I don't have those numbers, just call a local branch." The closing of our conversation was with Marco saying "Hope they can help, keep me in touch." He never inquired to take my name and information to pass on my issue to a higher level employee who may assist me. A call was made to Bank of America who could not help because my checking was not from their bank. Due to the lack of customer service and professionalism to assit with my issue, I am now forced to file paperwork with my bank to dispute these unauthorized charges. I sent an email to customer service on 09/04/12 regarding this issue and still no response from them.

Jan B., 2012-10-23, 09:40PM CDT

And we found out the hard way, that you can't have charges that are phony taken off of a debit card. So, we now only use credit cards and just pay the bill in full when it is due.

Jan B., 2012-10-23, 09:42PM CDT

And we found out the hard way, that you can't dispute charges on a debit card. So, we now only use credit cards and just pay the bill in full when it is due.