Crystal Cruises, Inc. - Help Obtain A Refund From Crystal Cruises, Inc.

Posted on Sunday, August 26th, 2012 at 2:10pm CDT by Peter G.

Company: Crystal Cruises, Inc.

Location: 2049 Century Park East
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90067, US

Category: Travel, Vacations

Objective

Obtain a $714.00 refund from Crystal Cruises, Inc. for a cruise which was cancelled for documented medical reasons.

Summary

On June 25, 2012, we booked a Treasures of Canada trip, leaving Montreal on September 30, 2012. When placing the $714.00 deposit on the trip, we were not advised that it was non-refundable. Hence, we did not agree to a non-refundable deposit.

Within days of making the deposit, my wife, who has congenital heart failure and 43% of her lung capacity due to pulmonary fibrosis, became critically ill. She advanced from infrequent to constant use of oxygen.

She was admitted to the OCONN hospital on July 18, 2012 and released on July 25, 2012. Her aforementioned medical conditions were exacerbated by new medical issues; i.e. atrial fibrillation and weakened kidneys. Her discharging doctor recommended against taking the cruise in September as he was unable to predict her medical status.

I cancelled the trip on July 25 based on the doctor?s advice. The trip was cancelled a month after booking it and two months before it departed. Our travel agent informed us that Crystal Cruises, Inc. would not refund our deposit.

I then contacted Crystal Cruises? Customer Service on July 27, 2012, and was advised to have the travel agent handle our issue. He worked diligently, knowing our situation, but was unable to convince Crystal Cruises, Inc. to alter its policy.

On August, 10, 2012, I contacted Gregg L Mitchell, the CEO of Crystal Cruises, Inc. sharing my experiences and asking for a refund. No response. I then called his office and spoke with his assistant. She reiterated Crystal?s refund policy, and then suggested that Customer Services was writing to us to offer a credit on a future cruise. Being unable to predict my wife?s ability to cruise in the future, I asked her to pursue a refund.

I have not heard from Crystal Cruises, Inc. and our travel agent has not been able to obtain a refund for us.

Please help us with our quest, and feel free to share this letter with others to forewarn them.