Sav On Furniture - Sav On Furniture Unfair Business Practices

Posted on Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 at 12:39pm CDT by Charlotte R.

Product: Sutton Cherry Night Stands

Company: Sav On Furniture

Location: 1400-B Tamiami Trail
PORT CHARLOTTE, FL, 91910, US

Category: Furniture

Unfair business practices

I purchased a complete bedroom set from Sav On Furniture on 07/07/2012. The salesman Carl was a very nice and helpful young man. And by no means is this complain directed in anyway towards him. The company however is. Delivery was set for 07/12/2012. When they arrived they only had the rails and the dresser. They told me the head board and foot board was not loaded on the truck. It was scheduled for approx. a week later. The night stands were on back order. Which at purchase, I was told would be delivered on 08/18/2012. After being patient and waiting for over a month. On the 18th by 12:30pm I had not heard from Sav On. Not even a courtesy call to tell me it was not going to be deliverd. So I called and was told it would be the end of the following week.(Aug 23 or 24th) I explained that would not work for me since I have quest arriving and needed to complete the bedroom. I had to go elsewhere to purchase night stands.. I ask for a refund and was told it would be 5-7 business days for processing. Today 08/22/2012 I got a call from Jennifer the accounting manager in the Port Charlotte location telling me that my refund would be in the amount of $333.00 not the $520.00 I paid. She said becuase I received additional discount for purchasing the night stands they would have to deduct that amount. Now to me, I am being punished for their not standing behind their promise to deliver the night stands in a reasonable time. I would have been very happy to receive the night stands and been finished with this. Also, she gave me a choice of waiting for the stands to come in. Which now would be the end of the month. Or not! Now, I either accept night stands I no longer need or I get ripped off for $187.00. I feel this is unfair business practices and will never shop at Sav On Furniture. I will also make sure I tell anyone who will listen not to buy from this company.