Air Canada Vacations - Air Canada Vacations does not give you good value for aeroplan miles.

Posted on Monday, August 20th, 2012 at 4:25pm CDT by 6fba59bb

Company: Air Canada Vacations

Location: CA

URL: www.aircanadavacations.com

Category: Travel, Vacations

I want to start out by saying this is completely my fault. I trusted Air Canada Vacations to give me a good deal on my vacation. All I ended up with was an overpriced "discounted" vacation and I am out 170,000 aeroplan miles. When booking through Aeroplan - do not use Air Canada Vacations. Book your flight and hotel separately. I figured that it would be cheaper and more convenient to book your flight and hotel together through ACV. You do not really see how many aeroplan miles the trip is costing you. You just see the "rebate", in this case $1440.00. Good deal right? With this "rebate", my trip ended up costing me $2000 plus 170000 aeroplan miles. The flight is economy class. If I had booked the same trip out of pocket using air canada and the same hotel, it would cost me $2300 and zero aeroplan miles. If I had booked my hotel and flight seperately on the aeroplan site and not used ACV, this trip would have cost me about $500. All I would have been on the hook for is the taxes and fees on the flights. I am publishing this so someone else doesn't make this expensively dumb and completely avoidable mistake.