Hallmark Electronics - Purchased through Groupon

Posted on Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 at 7:07pm CDT by Cindy B.

Product: Android Touchscreen 4 Tablet

Company: Hallmark Electronics

Location: 1502-360 Assiniboine Rd Toronto, ON M3J 1L3
TORONTO, ON, M3J 1L3, CA

URL: hallmarkelectronics.com

Category: Online Shopping

Purchased a tablet through Groupon from Hallmark Electronics. It was defective when I received it. I emailed them and they said to send it back and they would repair it or refund my money. I opted for a refund because the shipping was getting expensive. At one point they said they had cancelled the order and refunded my credit card but this was not so. They never did. Then they said it had to be refunded through paypal so I gave them that information. It has been over eight weeks since they received it back and I still have not received my money. They have stopped answering my emails as well. I put in a complaing to Groupon and they were very eager to help and look into it.

Yves d., 2013-01-28, 10:56AM CST

Hi

I am having a very similar problem with Hallmark / Groupon. Was your problem resolved one way or another ?

Thanks

shelly B., 2013-04-08, 09:24AM CDT

Shelly.B

I have a similar problem with Hallmark. the tablet I received is not only the wrong colour, but it is also deffective. they asked me to return it, which I did paying 10$ fees, and told me they were investigating. since february. Now they simply do not answer my emails.

Yves d., 2013-04-08, 10:04AM CDT

Hi called Groupon and put pressure on them to resolve my issue. When I sent them proof that I had sent back the tablets to Hallmark, they agreed to refund them and gave me a voucher for my expedition fees.

But I also sent a Formal Notice to hallmark and can certify they are total assholes (pardon my language)

shelly B., 2013-04-08, 03:00PM CDT

My problem is that I bought a tablet in August 2012 via Groupon, and offered it to my brother; it seems to have no problem. But Hallmark contacted me and gave me a good deal on the same tablet 3 months later, and I saw no reason to refuse it, so I ordered another tablet. That's when problems started, when I wanted to charge it before the first use, it wouldn't switch on, it simply didn't work. After contacting Hallmark they asked me to send it at my own expenses, and promised to write back in 3 to 5 business days. they never wrote back. I wrote again but still no news. last time I wrote again, and said that I would callfor consumers' defense; still no news. It's like they don't care at all, or they do not fear any punishment!

Yves d., 2013-04-09, 08:37AM CDT

You should contact the consumer's protection office of your Province, they will tell you the first step is a formal notice and I don't know the second step yet but I'm doing it soon.

shelly B., 2013-04-09, 09:25AM CDT

thanks for the advice, I think I'll do it right away.