Account Now - Account Now Customer Service is NO Customer Service

Company: Account Now

Location: P.O. Box 1966
San Ramon, CA, 94583, US

URL: http://accountnow.com/

I've been a customer of Account Now for about three years. I'm, finally, fed up! When you call Customer Service, they talk to you like they are reading a script. Plus, you can't get a US citizen to speak to. I've had an Authorization Hold on my account for almost a week. This was due to my daughter attempting to use my card at a gas pump. When she swiped my card, Account Now put an Authorization Hold on the entire amount in my account. This caused the transaction to be declined and took all the money I had. No one, even the "Supervisor over all Supervisors" wouldn't do ANYTHING to help me. Every person I spoke to kept repeating the exact same response. AMAZING!!! It didn't matter to them that they put a hold on all my money AND declined the transaction. They hold all the cards, and we have to sit and wait while they continue to read a script. I was, first, told that my money would be held until the 9th, now they tell me that it will be held until the 10th. IF I call back, on the 10th, will they, then, tell me it will be the 12th....since the 11th is on a Sunday? I'm going to find every site possible to put this information! DO NOT USE ACCOUNT NOW, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND THEY DO NOT CARE ANYTHING FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

a012d7bb, 2011-12-23, 08:36AM CST

authorization holds are normal and used by all credit and debit cards...unfortunately using at the gas pumps is where you went wrong and even disclaimers are put out that you should ue your debit cards inside at the cashier and they should be run for a specific amount as a debit. authorization holds last for 10 days usually and depending on circs it could run into the 11th day.

it wouldnt matter if you use account now or any debit card from any institution, they are all the same and especially when it comes to gas sales.

the reason being is that a lot of people in the beginning of debit card use would get approved at the gas pump when they only had 10 dollars in their account and then put in 50 dollars in gas and leave the card in the hole by 40 dollars, so the banks had no choice but to pre authorize for a large amount to protect themselves...so if you used your card at the gas pump, a pre authourization hold when into place but there was not enough in your account for the entire amount needed. the fine print is there when you got your account now card...and the warning is there for all debit cards..

do not use at the gas pump.

56d121fd, 2012-02-07, 08:18PM CST

Yeah well I loaded 1,000 dollars in my account for my bills, I called my card and only 175.00 was on it and i waited three hours to talk to someone and when i should have been connected it said they were closed? I thought it was 24 hour customer service..UGH looks like I have to contact my laweyer

john s., 2012-10-09, 04:51PM CDT

AccountNow ADA Discrimination Class Action Lawsuit

[email protected] [email protected]

[email protected]

AccountNow debit cardA California man who is unable to effectively communicate verbally after suffering a stroke has filed a class action lawsuit against prepaid debit card company AccountNow for refusing to communicate with him by email and insisting he deal with the company over the phone.

Plaintiff Richard Halavais accuses AccountNow of a ?systematic pattern of discrimination,? unfair business practices and civil rights violations refusing to accommodate his requests by email to secure a new AccountNow card. Halavais is ?unable to effectively communicate verbally? due to a stroke, the class action lawsuit says, and receives his disability checks ? his only source of income ? though an AccountNow prepaid card. He contacted the company to order a new card because his old one was due to expire, and explained that he could not talk on the phone due to a stroke that left him disabled and unable to effectively speak.

According to his class action lawsuit, AccountNow's refusal to accommodate his disability left Halavais without access to his disability checks and forced him to hire an attorney to help him get a new AccountNow card. When he did get the new card, he was unable to withdraw money from an ATM with his old PIN and was locked out after several failed attempts to get money. Halavais first contacted AccountNow by email on May 21, and did not resolve the issue until July. By that time he was in a rest home and unable to pay for his medicine and medical bills, the class action lawsuit says.

"On July 10, 2012 plaintiff was finally able to access the money deposited into his account, but only after numerous phone calls by Plaintiff's counsel, because Defendant refused to aid Plaintiff by e-mail," the AccountNow class action lawsuit states.

"Throughout this entire course of events, even after the risk management department was involved and informed of the situation, Defendant did not present any alternative methods of communication by which Plaintiff could have resolved the issues with defendant."

The class action lawsuit is seeking damages for violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Unruh Civil Rights Act and unfair business practices.

A copy of the AccountNow ADA Class Action Lawsuit can be read here.

The case is Richard Halavais v. AccountNow, Inc., Case No. 12-cv-1921 BEN RBB, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California.

john s., 2012-10-12, 03:17PM CDT

join this group so we can bring charges on accountnow for theft

sign this petition to stop them from this theft