Orange County Library - Library Employees Are Thieves

Company: Orange County Library

Location: Thompson Road
Apopka, Fl, US

URL: http://ocls.com

09/24/11 I turned in some dvds and a book, unfortunately one of my personal dvds a 2 dvd set was accidently mixed in, the mistake was discovered the next morning, I returned to the library and was told "yes, we have it here, just a moment"..the young man was unable to locate my dvd, so he found one of the employees who was working that day and she said it was in fact there so she began looking for it, she excused herself saying she would look for it in the back room, she was gone long enough to make a phone call, she returned said the 2 dvd set was somewhere in the backroom she just couldn't find it, could I return on my normal library visiting day and she would try to find it by then..I agreed knowing full well, one of their employees working that day probably saw it was a private owned item and decided to take it home with him/her..that employee received a phone call and hopefully plans on returning my set to me on 10/01/11, it better be in excellent working condition..whether I get it back or not, I will be filing a complaint and if I don't get my dvds back I will demand to be reimbursed..my making a mistake does not give someone working there the right to steal from me...I should charge the library $2 a day for every day they don't return my set to me to date that would be $10..they sure as hell would charge me...Thieves!

c458eec9, 2011-10-06, 12:42PM CDT

Now they are saying my dvds were believed to be donations and they tried to find them, but could not, I know this is a cup of shit, coz the dvds were homemade, a friend of mine taped the show off tv took out the commercials and put them on dvd for me...I gave her $9 per dvd..for the time it took her, the cost of the two dvd-rs the artwork on the cover and the wear and tear on her dvd/video player/recorder....there is NO way those dvds were believed to be donations..they were stolen...they know who the dvds belong to and are refusing to return them...I have never seen the library rent out dvd-rs..THIEVES!

c458eec9, 2011-12-13, 02:12PM CST

Adding insult to injury they sent me a request for a donation...FUCK THEM! I have not been back since my dvds were stolen nor will I be returning!!