Chattem Inc. - Gold Bond Medicated Powder

Posted on Friday, September 23rd, 2011 at 11:01am CDT by d2c4b7c8

Company: Chattem Inc.

Location: Chattem Inc. 1715 West 38th Street, Chatanooga, TN 37409
Chatanooga, TN, 37409, US

My complaint against Gold Bond Medicated Powder does not regard the quality of their product, rather what I believe is deceptive advertising.

Last month I purchased for about $6.00 a bottle of this product. I sat it on the kitchen table before I put it away. A short time later the sun shown through a window and illuminated it from behind. The bottle shows only half full. It contains 12.5 oz. A previously purchased bottle roughly the same size contained 24 oz as stated on that bottle. I took the product back to WalMart and got a refund. While there I checked and found all bottles in the display were filled the same. I wrote the Chattem Inc Company telling them I thought this was deceptive. I got a blow off email from Venita Toney, Consumer Affairs Representative saying they sell by weight not volume. I emailed her back a graphic photo of the problem which is far more powerful than a written complaint. A few days later I got a letter in the mail from Chattem Inc. saying that they are looking into the problem. I would be happy to send the photo to you upon request. It says it all. To date, I'm not sure what looking into the problem means from Chattem Inc because I don't trust them anymore. Thank you, Nic..........