ISME (Shop Direct Ltd) - ISME: Poor Delivery Service: Even worse Customer Complaints Service

Posted on Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 at 3:24pm CDT by 631b9b6f

Product: Internet putchase

Company: ISME (Shop Direct Ltd)

Location: First Floor, Skyway House, Speke road, Speke
Liverpool, L70 1AB, GB

URL: http://www.isme.com/

Ordered a pair of shoes for my partner over the internet from ISME. As I'm working away, I checked that she could pick them up from the shop where they would be delivered. Yes, provided that she has the account number, delivery number and a utilities bill with my name & address on it. When she went to collect, the shop keepers refused to give her the parcel, were rude to her and refused to speak to me on the phone because I was in Nigeria (seems they thought I was black). They told her that I shouldn't be ordering from Nigeria, and that they would send the parcel straight back so that she couldn't ever collect. I phoned ISME, who said that they sub-contracted delivery out and refused to help. On my insistance, they said that a manager would contact me. No-one ever did. I contacted the delivery company, Collect+, who tried to sort things out, but they subcontract to Pay Point, and failed miserably as a result. My complaint was passed onto Pay Point, who have also failed to contact me. The shoes were returned; the shop lied claiming that no-one had turned up to collect them. I re-complained by email to ISME, who sent me back a standard fob-off letter. I would suggest avoiding ISME if you want anything like a decent customer experience.

40d832b7, 2011-10-07, 11:49AM CDT

Totally sympathise with your disgust at this company. They are about greed and arrogance and customer service is the last and the least of their considerations. They have continued to add charges to my wife's account., despite agreeing that there are no outstanding monies owed for goods, which were already paid for, and they did apply the funds to the wrong account initially, they have added charges for a non-existent telephone call, admin charges now amounting to 129. I shall go to court with them, and take the emails they initially sent, and ensure that they receive the publicity they deserve. Simply, just NEVER buy from them ever in the future, and tell friends and colleagues too.

1456ab81, 2011-11-06, 11:25AM CST

I'm outraged but not surprised. ISME and its disastrous delivery service is only made worse by its arrogant, unreliable and frustrating attempts at customer service. A one time only purchase of a tv has now broken after 3 months and I literally dread having anything to do with them again. Never again!!

company I have ever dealt with

51d49a03, 2011-11-12, 10:20AM CST

I completely agree with regard to their terrible delivery service. I ordered my goods and the tracking service said they would be delivered on the 12th anytime during the day. I stayed in all day and when they hadn't arrived at 4.00 I rang 'customer service' I finally managed to prise information from the girl on the desk that they would be delayed for up to 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!! And no, they could not tell me where my goods actually were at this moment until the tracking system was updated! And no, I couldn't speak to the supervisor as she was on the phone. All they could promise was that she would ring me back within the hour.

I'm really fed up. Nothing on their website indicates that such delivery delays are possible and at the checkout I was given the exact date as the 12th. Surely that forms part of the contract and the basis on which I paid.

cae91fb0, 2011-12-16, 08:34PM CST

ISME have to really sort out their customer and delivery/collection service!

I ordered a laptop (received within the specified time) but on receipt I found it was faulty so called to arrange to return it. I was told someone would be in contact to arrange collection. Two days passed; no phonecall! So I called back and managed to arrange collection for two days time; no courier showed up! That day I called twice to say I was concerned that no one had turned up (the whole day had literally passed) and I was told to wait til 7pm as they collect up until then. NO DRIVER! I rearranged for collection the next day and it was another repeat of the previous day. Why can't they get in touch with the drivers! It's ridiculous! I have had my father waiting from 7am to 7pm for two days straight because they cannot give a specific time period for collection and we've now had two failed collections.

So now, I must call that overpriced 0844 number AGAIN to arrange a third date. Will not be ordering from this catalogue again!

So now I have to call back AGAIN and this time

dee h., 2013-04-09, 05:26AM CDT

I SENT BACK 4 ITEMS BACK IN DECEMBER AND GAVE THEM MY PROOF OF POSTAGE BUT THEY KEPT GOING ON ABOUT THE RECEIPT HAD NO BARCODE I INFORMED THEM THIS WERE THE ONLY ONES I RECEIVED OF POST OFFICE. ALL OF SUDDEN THEY HAD RECEIVED ONE THE ITEMS BACK BUT NOT THE OTHER WHICH WERE IN SAME PARCEL, WHICH SEEMED STRANGE TO ME. ANY WAY THEY KEEP REPEATING SAME THING TO ME SEND PROOF WHICH WE DID THEN THEY WOULD COME BACK WITH SAME THING NO BARCODE ON IT. AFTER 3 MONTHS ALL THIS GOING BACK AND FORWARD THEY TOLD ME TO SEND THE ORGINIAL RECEIPTS BACK WITH A LETTER WHICH I DID BY RECOPRDED DELIVERY OVER A MONTH AGO. HEARD NO MORE SO THOUGHT CONTACT THEM TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON AS WAS STILL BEING CHARGED FOR THESE ITEMS. AFTER CONTACTING THEM THEY ARE NOW SAYING THEY NEVER RECEIVED THIS LETTER YET WHEN I CHECKED WITH ROYAL MAIL IT WAS RECIVED BY THEM AND SIGNED FOR.

ISME IS VERY VERY POOR SERVICE AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFULL THEY JUST REAPEAT THEMSELFS AND ARE NO HELP. FED UP THRYING SORT THIS OUT DONE ALL I CAN DO TO TRY RESOLVE THIS. BUT ISME ARE JUST POOR SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS. I HAVE GAVE THEM ALL THEY HAVE ASKED FOR THE WHOLE THING IS A JOKE MORE SO NOW THEY ARE SAYING NOT RECIVED THIS LETTER WHEN IT WAS SIGNED FOR SO GLAD I NOW SENT IT RECORDED.

colin k., 2013-06-26, 02:51AM CDT

Whilst I was abroad, I tried several times to make a payment on my BNPL account in plenty of time to meet the deadline, but constantly getting "we are unable to take your payment at present" When I contacted ISME I was informed that I cannot make a payment from abroad, even through "MY ACCOUNT" it was suggested I make the payment through my Bank Account. When looking through the list of Mail Order Companies on the Bank Account Payee list, there was no account in the name of ISME.Again I emailed them with this info, and waited another day for their reply, (two days wasted) When I got the reply, I was informed that it was still in the name of "Marshall Ward...Derrrrrrrrrrr. I eventually made the full payment in plenty of time, however due to the lack of information in the beginning, my payment arrived on the 25th, 1 day late, even though the payments were taken out of my Bank account on the 18th and 19th, and payment not due until the 24th. THIS GREEDY LOT STILL CHARGED ME OVER 20 POUNDS IN INTEREST. I EVEN ASKED FOR THE RETURN OF MY PAYMENTS, BUT THIS INFORMATION WAS TOTALLY IGNORED.

THIS LOT COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS SO WILL BE COMPLAINING TO THEIR FINANCIAL

OMBUDSMAN, AND DEFINITELY NOT USING THIS GREEDY lOT AGAIN...EVER.

dee b., 2013-07-27, 03:19PM CDT

in December 2012 I ordered 3items from isme which I returned. I then found out only one of the items had been received so was asked to provide a barcode of the receipt that I got from the post office but was told was no good as never has a barcode. I explained this Is all the post office gave me but isme would have none of it. then after 60 plus e mails I was told to send isme my original receipt to them so they could make a claim for lost items. I sent this to them in march by recorded post which they were received. I was then suddenly told they could not help, never even told why. all I was told was to make a claim myself with the post office I explained that could not do this as isme had my original receipt and I would need it. I wrote to customer excellence and just kept getting the same reply from a Caroline Shaw to make my own claim and as I kept saying to her isme had my receipt but she totally ignored this. now nearly 7 months later its still not been solved and isme still have hold of my original receipt. I was told by the post office it would be to late to make a claim now. I do think isme asked for my receipt knowing they were not going to help me and knowing could not make a claim myself. now they are expecting me to pay for these lost items. I have in all sent over 200 e mails trying to sort this, but isme and customer service is total waste of time. I have just done a customer service course and it has made me realise just how bad there's is

72722fb6, 2013-12-06, 09:31AM CST

i have experienced awful customer service with Isme too and will never use them again or recommend them.