Hudson's Bay Company - Hudsons Bay Company - Delivery Issues

Company: Hudson's Bay Company

Location: P.O. Box 223 Station A
Scarborough, On, M1K 5C1, CA

URL: http://www.hbc.com

It has been extremely frustrating dealing the Bay's customer service representatives, who seem unable to provide me with any information about the status of my order.

I booked the delivery of my mattress and box spring for Sept 1st, the day I moved into my new apartment. Sept 1st came and went, and no mattress arrived. I left my old mattress at the curb at my old apartment, and since September 1st I have been sleeping on a couch, awaiting the delivery of my mattress.

For the past 2 weeks I have been phoning their call center, asking for a new delivery date. In every case, their rep will tell me that:

"The Bay will be in contact with you in the next 48-72 hours to confirm the delivery date of your merchandise"

This has been going on for 3 weeks now. No matter what questions I ask I get the same answer. What's worse, the customer service reps will occassionally provide some reason for the delay (manufacturer stock out, system issue, busy delivery schedule). But, the reason keeps changing. When I press for my details I am given nothing. Sometimes the rep will actually make up a new reason during our conversation! There is no polite way to describe how I have been treated.

Even though the order was planned to be delivered over a month in advance, I have been waiting THREE WEEKS for my mattress to be delivered. There is no excuse for leaving a customer in the dark for so long. The Bay must be aware of the problem preventing me from receiving my mattress (stock out at manufacturer, busy delivery schedule, etc.). I can't understand why their customer service reps telling me I will only wait 48-72 hours, when in reality I have now waited 3 weeks.

I would reccomend you take your business to Sleep COuntry, Sears, anywhere but the woefully incompetent HBC! Unless of course you don't mind waiting 3 weeks for merchandise you paid for!