- Appliances, Equipment, Tools
- Arts, Crafts
- Building, Construction
- Business, Finances
- Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles
- Clothing, Shoes, Apparel
- Computers, Software
- Consumer Electronics
- Delivery, Moving Services, Storage
- Gambling Games
- Games, Gaming Consoles
- Government, Police
- Health, Beauty
- Home, Garden
- Internet Services
- Jewelry, Watches
- Job, Career
- Kids, Baby
- Law, Civil Rights
- Magazines, Newspapers
- Nature, Environment
- News, Media
- Online Scams
- Online Shopping
- Pets, Animals
- Products, Services
- Public Transportation, Taxi
- Real Estate
- Restaurants, Bars
- Scam Contests
- Society, Culture
- Sports, Recreation
- Stores, Shopping
- Travel, Vacations
- TV, Music, Video
- Unauthorized Charges
- Unsolicited Phone Calls
- Wedding Services
Churchill Mortgage - Churchill Mortgage - Incompetent Service Loan Officer
Posted on Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 at 5:18pm CDT by f2317c07
Product: Home Mortgages
Company: Churchill Mortgage
On March 10, 2011, I entered into an agreement with Churchill Mortgage to refinance my home. I chose this company because they were recommended by Dave Ramsey. The loan officer was really the problem, rather than the company itself, but ultimately the company did not own responsibility to clear up the issue.
The following is a brief review of my compliant:
1. I was told I could close in 4- 6 weeks. Of course this never happened.
2. After over three months of dragging this refi process out, and getting my loan officer to return my calls for updates, it just kept getting worse. It took a minimum of 3 messages and sometimes a call to one of the ladies in office, to finally get a return call. But no real updates except they seem to need more money and/or time.
3. I paid for a credit check - minimal fee, whatever they are. No problem.
4. I paid $150 for an outside appraisal. This was all that was required, so I was told.
5. Then I paid $100 to get a negative credit item off my report. Item was never removed.
6. Because it was not removed, I had paid another $400 for a full blown appraisal. They should had had the credit issue removed first before setting up the first appraisal.
7. Again I'm calling my loan officer all this time trying to get this deal done, asking him what else do you need from me. No luck there.
8. Finally, I'm getting nowhere with this guy and contacted the office manager, Jason Dixon. After a few discussions with him, he tells me the following:
I paraphrase - Since I had some people living in the house with me and they are paying some minimal rent, I can't refi the house a primary home.
He also admitted that loan officer I was dealing with, was trying to put a round peg into a square hole putting my deal together. (I'm thinking, Amazing I'm hearing this)
So he offered to give me a voucher to a nice dinner restaurant. I'm not sure why he thinks he's giving me anything, since I'm out about the $600 dollars!
Anyway, I told him I had disclosed to the loan officer during the refi process about the people in the house because I was out of the state doing contract work. But it turned into a he said/she said debate.
Getting nowhere, I filed a complaint with Dave Ramsey's company, but they never contacted me. So, I called them and I was able speak with someone. They said they would contact Churchill Mortgage, but would not intervene beyond that.
I've waited almost a month now and never heard from Churchill. So, since they are not going to make it right even after they admit mistakes were made, I'll file a complaint. I'm kind of disappointed with Dave Ramsey too, but I think he offers a great service still. No one bats a thousand!
The people that were living with me are now gone and I will definitely be using another company.