Simply data is bad data

Posted on Thursday, October 6th, 2011 at 10:24am CDT by 8574c141

Company: Not Available

Location: GB

Some time ago (2009) I bought a database of estate agents from Simply Data. Rubbish data. Full of useless rubbish. Some of the same estate agents were in there 10 times! I phoned someone who got the date recently from them. We cross checked. In 2 years its the same data. Same rubbish. What about the updates? I wondered why they reduced the price so much. Not worth a fiver. Henry.

aaa40531, 2011-11-15, 11:58AM CST

Hello Henry!! How large is that Database in Megabytes? You would not mind letting me evaluate a copy of that database, so I can comment on its effectiveness/fitness for purpose for my part of Britain?

Which part of Britain are you from?

Your help would be very much appreciated! :) Thanks, J

8574c141, 2011-11-15, 01:41PM CST

Have you had problems as well with Simply data aka Adams Agencies? I keep getting emails about similar bad experiences, mostly with duplicate emails but different databases. Its about 12MB. Very poor data. UK estate agents.

8574c141, 2011-11-23, 06:33AM CST

Hello Henry, I have previously used their Golf Course database, which is far from being up to date. As for duplicates, I got round that by using filters in Excel.

Which Adams Agencies are you referring to? I have been told that the same company under different trading names also run an electronic device rental business.

If you were to zip that 12MB spreadsheet (literally right-click the file, then Send To -> Compressed folder), hopefully you will be able to email it to [email protected]; is this something you can kindly do, pleeease? Cheers, Jacob

8574c141, 2011-11-23, 07:33AM CST

Simply data is appalling but I cant send you the data Im afraid as they wil no doubt accuse us of selling on their product. I bet you could buy it from them for a couple of quid anyway - its really really bad data.

6f54c532, 2012-01-19, 12:45PM CST

Simply data is bad data is a very apt summary.

8ccd6b3f, 2012-02-09, 06:51AM CST

Poor quality data from the same company. I bought accountants and solicitors databases from Simply Data and thousands undeliverable, thousands of duplicates, most ended up in junk. We had to spend hours going through them as the emails were across multiple columns. Wish we hadnt bothered with this company. Simply bad data is correct!

701348ba, 2012-04-12, 01:03PM CDT

I typed in review simply data and came up with this site. Glad I did!

d4d8e8ae, 2012-04-12, 01:57PM CDT

I typed in review simply data and came up with this site. Glad I did! Sounds like i avoided a bit of a nightmare.

Nice review simply data, Adams Agencies, estate agents database or whoever you are...