Classic Holiday Club Australia - Classic Holiday Club Australia (Don't Join)

Posted on Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 at 1:55am CDT by e09fea5a

Product: Discounted Holidays

Company: Classic Holiday Club Australia

Location: 2074 Gold Coast Highway,
Miani, QL, 4225, AU

URL: http://www.classicholidayclub.com.au/

You will be contacted by this company being offered a scratch and win card at shopping centres or public places. You will never win anything they say except for the 1 week holiday. This 1 week holiday will be in another state or a time many months away and in a motel more liken to a 3 star and not what they promise. If you join as we did you will pay out $20000 and dicover a company with no business ethics and you will waite a month after you complain to them in writing. This company has a "COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT" This is your first warning not to sign up with them. If they have a whole department just to handle complaints RUN run as far away as you can from them. If you hate companies that rip off Australian like this company does then tell your friens on Facebook and tell them to tell their friends and lets together stop this type of bad company.

5cfc2c6e, 2011-10-04, 11:28PM CDT

To the author of this complaint, we wish to respond by saying that other prizes in our promotions can be, and indeed, have been won. The one week holiday that can be won, is for a 7 Day Getaway on the Gold Coast, Bali or Thailand. Guests are asked to provide three reservation dates and we do attempt to fulfill the first reservation request however, on occasion, this may not be possible.

We do not make promises in relation to star rating of accommodation because the AAA determines star ratings of properties and not Classic Holiday Club.

Your claims that you will pay out $20000 and discover a company with no business ethics is strenuously denied. To clarify, our membership costs vary greatly and are dependent upon the length and type of membership. We provide holiday bookings for over 35,000 families per year with a high level of customer satisfaction. We are the holders of an Australian Financial Services (AFS) licence issued by ASIC and are a long-standing, reputable company. We operate our business within the laws, codes of practice and honest business ethics and we pride ourselves on our integrity and excellent reputation in the industry and will defend our reputation and any accusation of misrepresentation.

Finally, our company has a Complaints Handling Officer (singular) one person, not a whole Complaints Department as you state. This one person handles any complaints received for the Classic Group not just the Classic Holiday Club. If a complaint is made, your complaint will be acknowledged, you will be advised that your complaint will be fully investigated and you will receive a response within 28 days of making your complaint.

We were surprised you felt the need to post your complaint online and trust that the misinformation contained within it has now been clarified and urge you to contact our company directly if you wish to discuss your particular concerns.

5cfc2c6e, 2011-10-04, 11:34PM CDT

5cfc2c6e, 2011-10-04, 11:45PM CDT

Your claims that "you will pay out $20000" and "discover a company with no business ethics" is strenuously denied. To clarify, our membership costs vary greatly and are dependent upon the length and type of membership. We provide holiday bookings for over 35,000 families per year with a high level of customer satisfaction. We are the holders of an Australian Financial Services (AFS) licence issued by ASIC and are a long-standing, reputable company. We operate our business within the laws, codes of practice and honest business ethics and we pride ourselves on our integrity and excellent reputation in the industry and will defend our reputation and any accusation of misrepresentation.

Finally, our company has a "Complaints Handling Officer" (singular)- one person, not a whole Complaints Department as you state. This one person handles any complaints received for the Classic Group not just the Classic Holiday Club. If a complaint is made, your complaint will be acknowledged, you will be advised that your complaint will be fully investigated and you will receive a response within 28 days of making your complaint.

ee6cadff, 2012-01-30, 02:14AM CST

It is a mismanaged company that have no legal idea of resolving conflict and do not understand the meanings of regulated,consumer law, asics, and common law.

New managment that is over seen by the federal govt, will make it worthwhile.

the concept is good but the implementation and management is unsrupulous.

0c011a64, 2012-08-21, 03:40AM CDT

Earlier this year at Rhodes shopping centre my wife , daughter and myself were asked to do the scratchy thing [all 3 of us]from classic holidays. We all wanted to win the ipad which was 3rd prize but won 2nd being an $800 holiday in some resort in QLD. The first thing i found strange was having to pay $50 to "secure" our seats at some meeting and to be able to claim our "prize". We were pretty happy to actually have won something but if we didn't pay or attend the meeting we couldn't claim . Alarm bells went off for my daughter but not the wife and i, my daughter paid the money at my insistance that all was good. A couple of weeks later we attend the meeting and actually got the $50 back. We went into the room for what can only be described as a very visual , somewhat intense , high pressure presentation that was to go for 90 minutes , 3 hours later we attempted to leave. What i seen as a supervisor told us to speak to the manager who was the only one authorised to offer us a "special deal".After talking to us for some time he made the offer that we pay the $199 needed as part of our prize , take the weeks holiday we won and see what we thought before joining. I had to supply my bank details so it was set up for when I agreed to join which i really thought nothing of but have just found out that they have been taking 90 odd dollars a month from my account. I will be stopping this from happening a.s.a.p but i have won something afterall , the biggest fool of the year award. Just be aware people that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. I'm not saying i've been scammed or the deal was shonky , my advice is to only scratch what you can buy from a newsagent.

f013a3d9, 2012-11-30, 10:17PM CST

Please do not waste your time and money on attending Classic Holiday presentation. Like others, we attended a presentation in October 2012, we too won a free 7 nights holiday worth $1300 on the Gold Coast. When it came to redeem our price a few weeks later, we were told that all the Studio Apartments were booked out till the end of October 2013. This is a year from now... If we want to take the holiday before this time, we'll have to pay an extra $400 plus to upgrade on top of the $199 booking fee!!! Also we have to book outside school holidays. We find this ridiculous and the whole experience deceitful.

We thought it was a scam from the start and have been proven right.

Karen J., 2013-03-29, 08:46AM CDT

We too have 'won' on the scratchies while at the Royal Easter Show a few days ago. We paid the $40 to attend the presentation, which we attended yesterday (our money was returned upon attending). At the end of the presentation (over 90 minutes) we did not believe the membership was suitable to us. We scratched the final box to see what our prize was (A = $1,500 worth of travel vouchers, B = 7 days accommodation in either the Gold Coast, Bali or Thailand, or C = an iPad). We 'won' B. Yes we were aware that if we 'won' B, there was a $199 booking fee. That was clearly pointed out to us when we received the scratchies. Yesterday they also pointed out that the offer being valid for 12 months and that we must make the booking within 60 days (*subject to availability). The voucher also states "This promotional offer entitles you to 7 nights in a Studio room (basic motel style, no kitchen facilities) for 2 people for a small fee of $199. This fee covers booking, room cleaning and administration."

***VERY cunning that they DID NOT point out another condition on the voucher which reads "This fantastic offer is brought to you on the condition that you both take advantage of a 90 minute (approx) no-obligation follow up presentation during your stay."

Yesterday's 90+ minutes was bad enough let alone having to both "take advantage" of another presentation while on holiday. Which I might add, that there will be a further charge of $100 if we do not attend. My partner and I have decided we are not interested in being played any further with Classic Escapes and will be throwing the voucher away.

Hardly feeling like a winner with this mob.

18927216, 2013-07-04, 02:01PM CDT

Never sign up with Classic Holidays!!

I find this company to be a total sham! They give you a scratchy and everyone seems to be a winner, in order to get the prize you have to give a 50 dollar deposit then go to a seminar were they try and convince you to sign up. The pressure is intense, when you tell them you don't want it they offer you a "Trail membership" but still have to pay thousand of dollars! you book hotels and their below quality! to make matters worse you still have to pay a $200.00 annual fee!!! I cancelled my membership and gave them over $2,000.00..... DON'T SIGN UP ITS NOT WORTH IT.. APARTMENTS ARE NEVER AVAILABLE AND LOW QUALITY!!SAY NO! YOU END UP PAYING MORE FOR A MEMBERSHIP!! its sad how people can work for a company that takes money for nothing....

Lucy B., 2013-11-11, 05:24PM CST

I just got conned into sitting through one of their 90 minute sales pitches. I was one of the most horrible, painful experiences of my life (and I had 2 1/2 days of labour). We scratched a 'winning' ticket at a shopping centre ("OMG that's our top prize! Not many people get that!"), and for a refundable deposit of $20, could collect our prize upon sitting through the presentation. The presentation was from some overexcited sales pitch, who rapidly turned aggressive and hostile towards us when we didn't start gushing about how wonderful the scheme was. She refused to tell us how much we would be getting ourselves into - saying she would only tell us how much it would cost us once we signed up (what the hell?!). We said 'no problem' and walked out, stopping to collect our 'prize'. The 'prize' was for 7 nights accommodation in QLD, Thailand, or Bali with a $199 booking fee subject to sitting through another 90 min presentation - like hell. (We later found out it would cost us approx $20 000 plus an annual fee of $165, plus $295 every 3 years, and we would still be out of pocket for any accomodation we actually used). Still curious, I went to the website to see where I could use the voucher we 'won'. The instructions tell us that I need to register my voucher in the redemption centre section of their website. No such section exists. I'll be walking away now having only lost a couple of hours of my life and the cost of migraine mediation.

d92e2be2, 2013-10-09, 08:01AM CDT

They don't only rip innocent people off but they over work their staff don't pay them overtime pay them minimum wage and I mean minimum and expect them to work out of there position and if something isn't done right to there standard they abuse them and bully them to the point where they offer a resignation and then just to top it off stuff them around even more by offering new contracts verbally mind you Which is illegal to try and make them stay and then don't stick to their word and then manipulate and ask you for thirty thousand dollars to sign up and a couple of thousand dollars a year for maintenance for the rest of your lifetime membership which is for the next 72 years so not only for the rest of your life but your children's life too I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of any of their mouths would have to be the most untrustworthy company to ever start a business poor management skills and just plain liars too worried about their own needs and only out to benefit them selves u tell me after reading all of these posts would you sign up or work for them ?

Katrina C., 2013-11-25, 02:31AM CST

Well me & my partner were the stupid ones we signed up in January this year on the Gold Coast we won the holiday blar blar have had our membership for year never used it cause when you book accommodation through Classic Holidays you have to pay up front even if you book 6mths I advance they are a ripe off but they make it sound so good.

I'm trying to sell my membership they told us we could sell at any time but what they don't tell you is they won't help you not happy people!!!

c98aca9b, 2014-05-11, 06:49PM CDT

LOL, my wife and I had the same experience. They are scammers and very sly. They keep on saying they are legit but they are not. Every web site I have visited flagging Great Excapes as scammers, they leave comments justifying their claims. I personally will send Current Affair a mail with links to various sites complaining about the way they conduct their business. People need to be warned. I myself left the so called prize as I just wanted to get out of there as they were employing bully tactics to get me to sign. They are friendly at first, then turn nasty when you say no and try to insinuate that you wasted their time and gave them miss leading information?. I laughed at this tactic and left with my wife without the "prize" which I paid for with my time. Note you need to pay an Admin fee as well after receiving the "prize". After seeing similar stories and worse on the web, I consider myself lucky just walking out and writing off the ?prize? and 2 hours of wasted time as school fees.

57eff3e1, 2014-05-23, 07:55PM CDT

We sat through a presentation last week. They seem nice at first with their casual talk trying to get our trust, but after sitting through the 90mins and listening to their stories of holiday dreams and the so called savings you can make, it really isn't worth it. Their saving aren't real unless you spend a stupid amount on holidays already. Their fees are over the top, joining costs thousands and yearly account fees will eat away any saving you could easily get and keep by shopping around. Don't waste your time and money with them.

9b57f278, 2014-06-05, 11:47PM CDT

Very interesting to read all these complaints. Some 7 years ago we were conned with something very similar. I'm sure they are the same people working under another name. Used to be called Club La Bourse Travel or something similar. They work out of the Gold Coast (Bundall or Ashmore area). We lost $5,700 in a membership which we got absolutely nothing for. We were given a Voucher for a holiday at the conclusion of a presentation which we tried on many occassions to book but never any time available.. We went to Fair Trading and got a hearing and after 2 more hearings at times to suit them we got an order for them to repay us the money. Fair Trading took weeks to send this order to us and by the time we got it the company had gone into liquidation with many other companies claiming debts from them we were the last to get anything and so missed out. Be aware the same thing will happen to you. It is the biggest scam.