Meineke Discount Mufflers - Meineke of Naperville Deception

Product: Auto repair

Company: Meineke Discount Mufflers

Location: 1032 Ogden
Naperville, IL, 60563, US

I brought my car in with a shake in front end. This was at least the 4th time the car had been brought in to this same store with the shake. First couple times they said was the brakes (rotors) and they said I needed new rotors. However, each time the shaking came back after a couple months. Then it was the left tie-rod. Note also, the place where I go to get my tires said my tires are wearing very unusually over the past couple years as I had gone through tires very fast...I should look into an alignment/front-end problem. With this, I brought my car in to Meineke in July and this they determined it was the right (passenger) control arm and the right tie-rod. They brought me into the shop, showed me it under the car and said it was dangerous. We discussed cost and he said that he the job would be 1200 but he would see if he could make it lower. I asked about allowing me to get discount parts online as I had done before with this shop for previous work. He said "no problem, we will get you parts that are as inexpensive as online". I instructed him that I would check this and he could service the vehicle only if he used parts at a price equal to that online. When I got this bill, the parts total was higher than expected. I had to take the car (and pay) but I called back in 2 days. I called 4 times the first week, but he would not return my calls. I had printouts of parts from online stores at the price I expected. I dropped by the store unannounced twice in the next two weeks but and he was not there. I complained to the person there and he just said it was the other guy - you have to talk to him. They did not honor our agreement to use discount parts.