Herb Chambers Vespa Boston

Product: Vespa

Company: Herb Chambers Vespa Boston

Location: Boston, MA, US

To whom it may concern,

I am again writing to express my dissatisfaction with Herb Chambers Vespa of Boston. After my original letter was written (please see below) my bike was repaired rather quickly. However, upon leaving the dealership, it broke down again with the same problem and had to be towed back. I was told the fuel line that was replaced was defective; and to your credit, the bike was towed at your cost and was fixed within a few days.

After I picked up the bike and began driving it, I discovered another problem. I brought it to another repair shop to have it evaluated, as I certainly would never opt to bring my bike to Herb Chambers for service, and apparently the water pump is now broken. Due to high demand, this bike shop must limit their repair service to only bikes that they sell, so I reluctantly made a repair appointment with your dealership September 6th.

I initially received a call letting me know what the problem was, which I already knew. Fast forward five weeks, it is now October 11th and I had to call again for an update. I was told that there was still difficulty obtaining the part, and there is no estimation on when the problem will be resolved.

I again ask; who is the customer? Shouldnt your dealership be contacting me? Furthermore; five weeks and counting, to repair a vehicle is unacceptable. I had already lost confidence with your repair service abilities, and now I find myself with a diminished opinion of your customer service commitment.

I have posted both these letters on Yelp and Facebook, and that is only the beginning. I would like to offer you the opportunity to resolve this issue and properly repair my bike in a timely fashion, before I am forced to take my complaints beyond the realm of social networking. I will be filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission, as your dealership and the manufacturer you represent make promises you dont keep and hold your consumers hostage when a repair is required.

Sincerely,

Brett McNeil

To whom it may concern,

I would like to express my dissatisfaction with the service level I have received from your dealership.

On7/5/11, I contacted Herb Chambers to assist me with service on my new Piaggio BV500 when it discontinued working and left me stranded on the side of the road. Upon speaking with your dealership, I was told that tow service would take 3-4 days to arrive. Therefore, I contacted a private tow company who brought my bike to your dealership at a cost of $180.00.

Once my bike arrived at your dealership, I was told that it would take 3-4 days for the mechanic to evaluate the problem. After 5 days, I took it upon myself to contact your dealership to obtain the status of my repair. I had to leave a message as no one was available; however no one returned my call. After 7 days at your repair shop I called back and got through to the mechanic who told me he was very busy and would hopefully look at the bike in a few days.

After not hearing back from your mechanic, I called again at 9:00 AM on 7/15/11 and had to leave a message once again with the receptionist, who assured me that someone would return my call. As of 3:00 PM I had not received a return call, so I called back and spoke with the mechanic who said he had not had a chance to evaluate the bike, and that he hoped to look at it on the following Monday the 18th.

After not hearing back from the mechanic, I called again on Tuesday the 19th and left a message with the receptionist, but did not receive a return call. After not hearing back by the morning of Thursday the 21st, I contacted your dealership again. I was assured by the receptionist that I would receive a return call, however I did not. Therefore, I called again at 4:30PM and spoke to the mechanic who said he was having difficulties troubleshooting the problem. He said if I did not hear from him by Monday to give him a call.

First, am I not the customer, and therefore shouldnt your dealership be contacting me? In addition, 3 weeks is an extremely long time to get a problem solved, and my confidence level with the ability of your mechanics to diagnose and correct a problem are diminished.

This is the second Vespa I have purchased from your dealership, and I can assure you that it will be my last. In addition, I am looking to upgrade my Lincoln Navigator and Cadillac CTS, and would never consider purchasing any vehicle from Herb Chambers because it is apparent that customer service is certainly not a priority at your dealership.

I would like to offer you the opportunity to correct this issue and repair my bike to my satisfaction and in a timely manner, before I begin to express my dissatisfaction with everyone I know and on every online blog available.

Sincerely,