Vivint - Vivint Alarm System and Montioring Failure

Posted on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 at 11:24am CST by 43b55430

Product: vivint home alarm and automation

Company: Vivint

Location: 4931 North 300 West
Provo, UT, 84604, US

URL: http://www.vivint.com/

My alarm panel had a power malfunction last week tuesday/wednesday. The vivint support team called my wife. She followed their instructions and restored power to the unit. On Friday at 1:20pm the panel lost power again(according to my webaccess) at 10:30 I called to report the issue. I asked about why we didn't receive a call, an alert, or some notification. The rep had no answers. I asked how soon it could be fixed. The rep told me 5-10 business days...are you kidding me! My home was broken into earlier this year. They broke in through my daughters window and she was adamant about not sleeping in her room and feared for her safety. That's the only reason i opted to install a vivint alarm, the safety of my wife and three daughters. What if it had been a burglary and hostage situation? How long will my wife and daughters be raped or killed before anyone would have know? Now, I'm concerned that the company can't provide what they sold. Who was monitoring the system? Why did the system fail? Why didn't anyone call? Why didn't the police show up? Important questions for the company. It's Tuesday of the following week and I still don't have service. Had I not called again, the order would not have been expedited. Even direct tv's turnaround is 24-48 hours on equipment failure, why can't my alarm system meet or exceed that time-frame when lives are at stake? I'm not interested in risking my family's life for a minor concession of a monthly monitoring fee. Would you?