Atlanta Vision Optical - Reporting to Georgia's Board of Optometrists

Company: Atlanta Vision Optical

Location: 1215 Caroline Street, Suite H100 Atlanta, GA 30307
Atlanta, GA, 30307, US

URL: http://www.atlvisionoptical.com/

I will never return! I've never worn contacts before, not sure what to expect, but I am convinced they preyed upon my ignorance. I asked up front before I saw the Dr. on the price and what was covered with my insurance. I was told that the exam would be a 10.00 copay and the contact fitting would be between 25 and 65 dollars. Imagine my shock when it came time to pay at the charge being 125.00 total. Too late to run at this point, I was wearing the contacts. I then asked how much would the box of contacts be and was told they wouldn't know until I came back the following week but I had an insurance allowance. Fast forward to the next week, time to order the contacts and the cost was substantially above the insurance allowance. I wasn't shocked - they knew my credit card was good. I paid! I asked for a copy of my prescription (which was written by staff, not the doctor) and was handed another trial pair. Unfortunately the trial pair didn't match the written prescription so I had no way of knowing which was correct. They straightened their error the next business day and proceeded with my order. Today (11/23/2011) my contacts arrived and I went to pick up. I assumed the payment I made at the time of my order was all I owed, but no... 20.00 more I had to pay. My insurance company it seems says I owed a materials fee of 20.00. This however was NOT collaborated by my insurance company and they advocate at least this amount as a refund.

To add further insult to the injury of conducting business with Atlanta Vision Optical they gave me expired lens solution. Solution which expired 04/2010! I have pictures of ALL of this if someone wants to see, I will gladly e-mail them to you. [email protected]

I will not return, my sight is far too precious to play around with, and they don't seem interested in the customer as much as the money they can squeeze from us. My contact prescription (we hope its correct) is much cheaper to fill on http://lens.com or 1-800-contacts.

b5d1b6e6, 2011-11-30, 10:28AM CST

To whom it may Concern:

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inexcusable mistakes that have occurred. I am greatly sorry that my services has left a patient angry and feeling as if I were careless with their vision and health. I understand how important ones vision and health is and therefore cannot apologize enough for any stress that I have caused. I have tried in every possible way to correct the issue as soon as it arose by offering my sincerest apologies and re-dispensing the correct contact lens to the patient before they were worn. In addition, we here at Atlanta Vision Optical conduct a weekly inventory to make sure that our supplies and materials are up to date and meet standards. The incident that has occurred has done so under a rare occasion and has not happened before. My staff and I are working diligently everyday to exceed your standards of customer service to offer you the best service and experience possible. I as an individual am working each day to pay more attention to detail and to the needs of our patients to ensure that an incident such as this will never occur again. Please accept my sincerest apologies and know that I am working hard every day to prevent any future complications and to offer everyone an amazing experience here at Atlanta Vision Optical. The staff here would like to extend to you an invitation to service you again at our expense to provide you with the excellent service that was not provided in hopes to assure you that your satisfaction, health and vision are our number one priority.

Belinda