Sage - Sage Software Denial of Rebate Claim

Company: Sage

Location: 1715 North Brown Road
Lawrenceville, GA, 30043-8119, US

URL: http://www.sagenorthamerica.com/

Horrible company! Horrible Customer service!

I ordered Sage Peach Tree First Class Account software from New Egg (great company, not the problem). I purchased it for $85 with a mail in rebate for $85. I figured I could use this software to do my small business accounting on and it would be easy on the pocket book. Well, total scam!

I registered my software, sent in my rebate form, invoice, and ORIGINAL UPC to this company. I received a notice today that they never received the UPC that I mailed them. I called them and they said that there is nothing they could do without that UPC. I stated that I mailed it and they stated they never received it.

They then continued to repeat the same phase over and over again, "Without the original UPC we can not help you. We are not responsible for the mail losing the UPC." I told them, "So because you people lost it, I will not be receiving my rebate check for $85?" He then just kept repeating the same learned phrase over and over again. I will never buy a piece of software again from Sage. If this is how they treat their customers, I would recommend that no one ever uses them again. It may only be $85, but it's a total scam to sell software that performs poorly in the market.

a38a4358, 2011-11-29, 02:12PM CST

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for allowing us to research your rebate and resolve the situation. I have validated your rebate and you should receive it within the next 10-15 business days. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you were caused in trying to obtain your rebate. Please let me know if we can be of further assitance.

Respectfully,

Sage Customer Service

c1bf95ea, 2011-11-29, 02:18PM CST

A customer service supervisor from Sage emailed me asking me for my Company name and Customer ID #. The next day she issued me a check for $85. This issue has been resolved.

Thanks complaints.com!

a0817c60, 2011-12-22, 09:19AM CST

I second this. I just went through about 5 hrs of my life to get a rebate from Sage Peachtree I purchased from Staples. The rebate company (Ace Rebates) that they use to process rebates lost my letter, which I sent via USPS with a delivery confirmation. They said they never got it and same response about they could only accept the original UPC. What a crock of crap!! I am a very detailed person, (most people buying accounting software are) and kept a copy of the UPC but they said they could only accept the original, so I said that is ridiculous because they have the original. After resending the information by fax and using a ton of my time I finally got a confirmation by email that I will be getting my $190 (yes I am frugal, and take advantage of any deal I can get). The only reason I purchased the product for a future home business was due to the rebate. I bet they don't treat large customers this way.

Lesson 1: Never buy anything from Sage again!!!

Lesson 2: Always keep all the backup for a rebate

Lesson 3: Don't waste time or money on anything with a mail in rebate

Lesson 4: Do not take no for an answer when you have done everything required and want to stick one to the big guy who will eventually fail if they treat customers like this!!

Do not, i repeat do not do business with Sage Peachtree.