Clark Pest Control

Product: Clark Pest Control

Company: Clark Pest Control

Location: Yuba City, Ca, 95991, US

11-12-2011

Last year in December I was home sick in bed and did not answer the door, when our latest Clark Pest Control guy, Kevin Green, came to do his regular service. I was very surprised when I saw him knock, look around, write up the invoice and leave without spraying. I called my landlord, to let him know what I saw, who confronted the service man about the incident. He of course denied it (first lie). I let that one go, after all everyone has a bad day once in a while. Maybe he was late to another appointment or whatever...

Anyway, apparently Mr. Green was still miffed two months later when it came time for the next scheduled service date, because out of the blue I get a phone call from my landlord saying that he just got a call from Mr. Green who says that I wont let him into the house to do the service??? (second lie) I explained to my landlord that myself and several other other people had been home that day and no one had come to the door. My landlord said that regardless of what I said, I was going to get a call from Kevin to set up a day to have the service done and if I refused I would be kicked out. I was writing up my complaint to the Structural Pest Control Board when my daughter, who was pregnant with twins, started having problems with high blood pressure and Toxemia until we ended up going to Sacramento Sutter Memorial Hospital from Feb 5, 2011 to April 5, 2011. Shortly after we returned from our scare in Sac, I was contacted by Clark to schedule our regular visit. I had so much going on at that time and was praying daily for the lives of my daughter and grand-daughters that I had forgotten all about Kevin and his petty revenge assault. It had been over two months and I had too much to worry about so I let it go with this man again.

Apparently one year later this man still has it out for me.

I bought a futon couch from a yard sale that my neighbor was having. I put the futon into my nephews room and the next day found a bedbug on it. I immediately removed the couch from my home, broke it into pieces (out in the alley) so he could not sell it to anyone else and placed it on his front lawn. (I did not now he had already moved at the time)

I immediately consulted Environmental Health, the County Building Inspector, the Health Dept., and the office IPM where I used to work (Integrated Pest Management Office in Yuba City), and the neighbors landlord, about the issue. I was directed to follow a check list that was provided by a professional in the matter (http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/QT/bedbugscard.html). I followed it thoroughly, which i know regret, because one of the recommendations is that, after giving enough time to ensure the treatment is working, I contact a professional service man to inspect the home. The home was thoroughly cleaned, steam cleaned, all furniture and baseboards vacuumed, sealed and dusted, mattresses inspected daily, I placed the dehydration dust and etc for almost two months and no one was being bitten!

When Mr. Green came and inspected the home he said he did not see anything and left. Two weeks later I get a call from my landlord, yelling and threatening to kick me out. He said that Kevin told him that I had an infestation of bedbugs , that he had actually seen bugs, and that I was going to try and treat it myself. My landlord said that Kevin told him that bedbugs can not be treated by home removal methods and that the only way to get rid of the infestation was a very expensive heat treatment that would cost him $2500.00, which I was going to have to pay for since I brought the furniture into the home that had the bugs. I said What bugs? Kevin was not able to find not one live bug. If you can show me one live bug we will talk about it further.

Consequently I had three other consultants from alternative companies come to inspect my home and, at this point, now have a paper trail going on the issue. Two of the consultants reported to me that my treatment was working. None of the consultants could find one bedbug in my home after two months of treatment, so when Clark and my landlord came out to do their inspection, I was ready.

When David got here I apologized for seeming stubborn or rude and explained my position again saying that I was not-not doing anything about the situation, that I was actually in the middle of an ongoing treatment plan, and that I had actually consulted the office that writes the text books that the Clark guys study from, in order to take the test, in order to become licensed (IPM my office where I used to work), and they recommend the steam with the dust powder and said that the expensive heat treatment was not necessary and did not always work, just like any other treatments.

When Clark and my landlord arrived and did the inspection they only checked one room and did not find anything which put my landlord at ease and he left. After he left the tone changed, I asked Brad, the Clark Pest Control Supervisor, who had come, for an inspection report before he left. He said, Ill write you one for $140., because that is what we normally charge for this service. (I would not give a bug guy $140.00 for one hour, ever.) Especially when all of the others did it for free and left a free inspection report. Its the re-inspection in 20 days that they were all wanting $40. to $50. for.

Anyway, as I told Brad I am stuck with Clark because my landlord likes them and hes paying for it. But as soon as I no longer have David as a landlord I will be putting in my complaints. He had no right even calling my landlord since no bugs were ever found in my home and the service was supposedly free! Of course I understand that if I was a home owner in this situation I would want to know, IF an infestation had been seen, but it was not, and therefore not necessary! Not one bug, not one casing, not one egg, and not one bite was found.

And I can prove that Kevin is a liar (this time) because when the landlord, of the other property involved, removed the broken up futon and had his apartments treated for bed bugs, Yuba City Pest Control dated their inspection report about the incident, which was one full month before I called Clark out for my first inspection. The futon had been removed from the other property one month before Kevin inspected my home, so he could not have seen bedbugs on the futon in my house like he told Brad.

My complaint in Summary:

1. Mr. Green said he sprayed and did not, then lied to my landlord. Fraud.

2. Mr. Green told my landlord that I said he could not come in.

Complete lie/retaliation!!

3. Unnecessarily worried my landlord over bedbugs and caused him to threaten to evict me. Which caused extreme distress!

4. Reported an infestation that did not exist.

5. Failed to provide an inspection report, twice.

6. Unlicensed activity. (Mr. Greens license)

7. Failure to complete work. (Inspected only one room)

Additionally, when looking Mr. Kevin Green up with the State Licensing Board his license (#FR43043) was issued 1969??? I was born in 72 and he is not older than me.

(http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=EMP&p_qte_pgm_code=8400)

Apparently they are letting him work off of Clarks business license while his is pending...?

According to the Licensing and Certification Current Valid Licenses (Sutter County) - Individual list,

(http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/license/pdf/Valid_Licenses_(Sutter_County)-Individual.pdf)

*updated Tuesday November 8, 2011. Mr. Green is not a current licensee and should not even be doing home inspections like the one he did on the Nov. 10th. 2011 last week.