MOMENTUM BMW - BAIT AND SWITCH

Company: MOMENTUM BMW

Location: 10002 Southwest Freeway
HOUSTON, TX, 77074, US

URL: http://www.momentumbmw.net/contact-form.htm

THIS COMPLAIN CONCERNS A BAIT-AND-SWITCH SITUATION, AND IS DIRECTED TO MR MONTE MEAVE, MR DON SCHAFER, AND MS MAI GNUYEN.

I SPOKE WITH MAI NGUYEN, ON FRIDAY, MAY 6TH, ABOUT PURCHASING A 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i ROADSTER, THAT WAS ADVERTISED ON MOMENTUM'S INTERNET WEB SITE. MS NGUYEN TOLD ME THAT THAT VEHICLE HAD ALREADY BEEN SOLD. I WAS UPSET AND I TOLD HER THAT THE ADD SHOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED, ASAP, BECAUSE IT IS FALSE ADVERTISING, A WASTE OF MY TIME, AND OTHER BUYERS TIME.

MS GNUYEN ASSURED ME SHE COULD FIND A VEHICLE TO MY LIKING, EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE NO OTHERS IN MY PRICE RANGE OF $15,000 CASH. SHE SAID SHE SELLS THIRTY CARS A MONTH AND COULD SATISFY ME. SHE SOMEHOW FOUND A 2002 Z3 3.0i ROADSTER, THAT I COULD NOT FIND ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET. SHE SAID THE CAR WAS LOCATED AT THE WEST MOMENTUM BMW, ON THE KATY FREEWAY, AND SHE WOULD HAVE IT TRANSFERRED TO HER BUILDING ON THE SOUTHWEST FREEWAY. SHE TOLD ME I COULD TEST DRIVE IT ON SATURDAY, AT NOON.

AFTER I HAD TRANSFERRED FUNDS FROM MY SCOTTRADE BROKERAGE ACCOUNT, TO MY BANK CHECKING ACCOUNT, AND I PUT OFF SOME OTHER THINGS THAT I HAD PLANNED, I SET ASIDE SOME TIME TO TEST DRIVE THE Z3 ON SATURDAY, MAY 7TH. MS GNUYEN CALLED ME ON SATURDAY MORNING AND ASKED ME IF I COULD COME IN AT 1:30PM, INSTEAD OF NOON, AS THERE WAS SOME PROBLEM WITH THE TRUCKING SERVICE. I AGREED! THEN, AT NOON, MS GNUYEN CALLED ME AGAIN, SAYING THAT, DUE TO HAVING FOUR MANAGERS, THEY FAILED TO COMMUNICATE THE FACT THAT THE Z3 HAD MYSTERIOUSLY ALSO ALREADY BEEN SOLD YESTERDAY. SHE BLAMMED IT ON HER MANAGERS LACK OF COMPETENCE AND COMMUNICATIONS. WHAT ABOUT HER LACK OF SKILL, COMPETENCE, AND COMMUNICATIONS?

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT MS GNUYEN AND HER MANAGEMENT ARE VERY POOR EXAMPLES OF WHAT I EXPECT FROM A LARGE CAR DEALERSHIP. IN FACT, I WOULDN'T PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM MOMENTUM BMW, IF THEY WERE THE LAST CAR DEALERSHIP IN TEXAS......... DON'T BOTHER TO CALL ME AGAIN. YOU MIGHT WANT TO SPEND THAT TIME GETTING YOUR ACT TOGETHER........

798d9185, 2011-08-01, 10:53AM CDT

I got similar experience at the dealership, especially with Ms. Nguyen. She literally played every trick in the book on me, bait and switch is one of them. I know enough how car sales work not to be screwed around. I call that 30 cars/month BS.

People@Dealership: Treat people with some respect.