Account Now - Account Now, Inc card scam

Company: Account Now

Location: 2603 Camino Ramon, Ste. 485 San Ramon, CA 94583-9131
San Ramon, CA, 94583-9131, US

URL: http://www.accountnow.com/

Account Now card is a scam. I've been trying to get my money from my card but the company put a hold on my account. When I called customer service today(5/3/2011)the customer rep hung up on me after I demanded to get paid for the remaining balance on my card. During the call, the customer rep wanted me to get a passport and fax over a copy of that to the company as identification. I don't have a passport, I don't need one, I'm American citizen and have a state I.D. but the rep did not want that. So near the end of the call the bitch hung up on me. Their customer service sucks!!I have been trying for over a month calling the company to demand I get my money from my card. I can't get it from an ATM machine because every time I put in my pin code it gets rejected. I called the company about this in April and even faxed over a copy of I.D. as requested but when I called to see if they recieved my fax I was told they didn't get it. Also, I notice that every day my balance gets lower--they are taking money from card!! Yet they won't let me use to get my own money.

They are a fuc#### scam, I can't believe how they have an A rating with the BBB in Oakland, CA. They have more than 500 complaints against them. I don't know who else to complain to or how to get my money from these con artists. I DON'T RECOMMEND ACCOUNT NOW, INC. Don't waste your time getting a card from them. They will keep your money and take a little from your card each day. If you have problems with this company, report them to as many people and websites to get the word out.

AccountNow Customer Service, 2012-07-02, 12:31PM CDT

Dear Valued Customer,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing the funds on your account. When verification documents are requested, it's to protect our customers and any funds that remain on the acocunt.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss your personal information in a public forum. If your issue has not been resolved, please contact us at [email protected] and reference your name, address, and telephone number; or call us at 866-925-2036 so we may further assist you.

MJ

AccountNow

AccountNow Customer Service, 2002-03-18, 12:56PM CST

Anonymous,

Im sorry to hear you had some issues with your account. Generally when an account is restricted and documentation has been requested, it is to protect you and any funds that you may have remaining on your account.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss your personal information in a public forum. If your issue has not been resolved, please contact us at [email protected] and reference your name, address, telephone number, and account number (if possible); or call us at 866-925-2036 so we may further assist you.

MJ

AccountNow

john s., 2012-10-08, 07:27PM CDT

worst place ever same thing here asking for utility bill with address on it! gave them my email and emailed them they did not respond the number they have to report your card lost or stolen is automated asking you to give them your card number! i lost my card how am i going to give them my card number? i had gone to the BBB to file a complaint and found 771 people complained in 3 years of there 5 years being open. not good but i found a number on there with there address so i called they gave me this number to fax the stuff they wanted 605-544-2339 the next day after i fax i get an email saying sorry it took so long to fax it to a different number wth? i called the number from BBB again and they said oh no thats the wrong number! so wile on hold for 30 minutes i look the number up and lo and behold the number is a fax and to there bank! now i made it known they are intentionally holding my money illegally and its theft! they dont care. i sent so many emails and i get 2 replies saying to call the customer care which i cant do because i do not have my card! further they locked me out my online account so i cant see if anyone is using my card

john s., 2012-10-09, 04:48PM CDT

AccountNow ADA Discrimination Class Action Lawsuit

[email protected] [email protected]

[email protected]

AccountNow debit cardA California man who is unable to effectively communicate verbally after suffering a stroke has filed a class action lawsuit against prepaid debit card company AccountNow for refusing to communicate with him by email and insisting he deal with the company over the phone.

Plaintiff Richard Halavais accuses AccountNow of a ?systematic pattern of discrimination,? unfair business practices and civil rights violations refusing to accommodate his requests by email to secure a new AccountNow card. Halavais is ?unable to effectively communicate verbally? due to a stroke, the class action lawsuit says, and receives his disability checks ? his only source of income ? though an AccountNow prepaid card. He contacted the company to order a new card because his old one was due to expire, and explained that he could not talk on the phone due to a stroke that left him disabled and unable to effectively speak.

According to his class action lawsuit, AccountNow's refusal to accommodate his disability left Halavais without access to his disability checks and forced him to hire an attorney to help him get a new AccountNow card. When he did get the new card, he was unable to withdraw money from an ATM with his old PIN and was locked out after several failed attempts to get money. Halavais first contacted AccountNow by email on May 21, and did not resolve the issue until July. By that time he was in a rest home and unable to pay for his medicine and medical bills, the class action lawsuit says.

"On July 10, 2012 plaintiff was finally able to access the money deposited into his account, but only after numerous phone calls by Plaintiff's counsel, because Defendant refused to aid Plaintiff by e-mail," the AccountNow class action lawsuit states.

"Throughout this entire course of events, even after the risk management department was involved and informed of the situation, Defendant did not present any alternative methods of communication by which Plaintiff could have resolved the issues with defendant."

The class action lawsuit is seeking damages for violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Unruh Civil Rights Act and unfair business practices.

A copy of the AccountNow ADA Class Action Lawsuit can be read here.

The case is Richard Halavais v. AccountNow, Inc., Case No. 12-cv-1921 BEN RBB, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California.

john s., 2012-10-12, 03:18PM CDT

join this group so we can bring charges on accountnow for theft

sign this petition to stop them from this theft