Sears - Sears installation

Location: Sears Galleria Mall
Birmingham, Al, 35244, US

URL: http://www.sears.com/

Sears Customer Support,

We were to have a dishwasher installed Monday 5/16/2011. We were told we would receive call the evening prior to the appointment, which we did not. On Monday morning I hadnt received a call, so I called Sears who couldnt reach the installer. He called at 11am, and said he would come between 3-5 pm. At 5pm, I had my wife call him and he told us he had just picked up the dishwasher and he would be right there. He finally arrived at 6:30 and was done at 8:15 pm. Before he left I showed him a ding in the front of the dishwasher and he told me to call Sears. I lost a day of work on Monday and have a ding on my new dishwasher. I called the Sears Searss installer department offered me a $25 gift card, which is insulting. I tried to call my local Sears and speak to the store manager, which was a dead end b/c all calls are routed to somewhere else. They actually told me that everyone was busy- on the whole store! Now on 5/20/2011 Sears will replace it five days, but Im not sure I want to take a chance on another ding and sitting and waiting all day.

Sincerely,