1 Alpha Lock & Key - Complaint about locksmith

Posted on Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 at 9:04pm CDT by bd1cf30a

Company: 1 Alpha Lock & Key

Location: 4779 W. Cermak Rd
Cicero, IL, 60804, US

I described the type of door lock that I needed to Alpha Lock and they told me that their locks start at $40. When the locksmith came out, he told me that the lock would cost around $180, so I went to buy my own lock. I came back, he finished the job, and showed me the bill totaling $227. I told the locksmith that the price was too high especially since I bought the lock elsewhere. Since that got me nowhere, I paid and felt that if I called the office to let them know I was dissatisfied, I would be accommodated. After a long, back-and-forth debate, the company rep told me that it was my fault for assuming that the lock would cost anywhere near their starting price of $40. It still doesn't make sense to me since I bought my lock at Menards. He never once said I apologize if you feel that you were overcharged and we'll accommodate you in even a small way. He made it clear that I wasn't a valued customer and he didn't care about anything I had to say. The company rep was more interested in arguing every point possible to justify the company's actions.

16849aaf, 2011-05-23, 02:44AM CDT