Continental Airlines - Continental Calls Overhead Baggage Full When Its Not For Their Own Convenience Vs. Customer Service

Posted on Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 at 7:09pm CDT by 3dd07961

Product: Frequent Business Traveler

Company: Continental Airlines

URL: http://www.continental.com/

Category: Airlines

This morning on a flight from Austin to Newark, the Continental Head Flight Attendant on our flight called the overhead bins full 5 minutes into boarding. All traveleres then had to check their baggage at the gate. Upon boarding the plane, the overhead bins were virtually empty at the front fo the aircraft where seated. I asked the stewardess if I could please have my bag to place in the bin as this would save me time upon arrival in Newark. She abruptly said no and that it had been already sent below the aircraft. I could visibly see that it had not, nor had the other passengers. The staff merely called the overhead bins full for their own conveneiene, a disservice to those customers who had packed such that they could avoid checked baggage and the delay associated with it on the other end. Continental needs to remember that they are a customer service business and there are many airlines to choose from, particularly for business travelers who fly multiple times each month. I hope they see this and that it saves someone else the hassle and delay it caused to so many on our flight today.

5ae551d1, 2011-05-18, 11:40PM CDT

Next time use your cell phone or camera and take a picture of the bins as evidence. The "stewardess" will feel the pressure when you tell her that you will be sending this along with your complaint to their head office. Especially after you ask for her name!