Straight Talk Phones - Straight Talk Service is Dishonest, Incompetent and Infuriating

Posted on Thursday, May 12th, 2011 at 3:54pm CDT by bb8f255b

Product: Straight Talk Phone

Company: Straight Talk Phones

Location: Straight Talk, Inc Attention: Executive Resolution Department 9700 NW 112th Avenue
Miami, FL, 33178, US

URL: http://www.straighttalk.com/

Striaght Talk Service has

MANAGER'S LINE: DIRECT

866-277-4089

1st, Incompetent-sent out wrong SIM with phone..and then added insult to injury by promising to send another SIM..only to learn after waiting for new SIM for 2 weeks...they "didn't have my address"

2nd--Took hours & hours & hours of my time & MULTIPLE phone calls trying to get it resolved ---LITERALLY hours and hours of my time

3rd--finally got hold of someone who was supposed to be a manager--who presumably at least understood the situation, and supposedly straightened it out...and who supposedly resolved it....and who supposedly "documented" everything very clearly...ONLY to have to fight a HUGE MARATHON with other agents when following back up on the matter

Imcompetent

LIARS

CHEATS

ROBOTS

WILL NOT RESOLVE

Why am I so angry??? Here's the story:

Straight Talk Service first sent out a phone to me when I ordered it on their website. When I went to activate it, it would not activate it on April 26th 2011, I was told it would activatge witin 48 hours. I did not port a number, I took theirs.

Days passed, no activation. I called back...NOW for some reason...they could SEE clearly that I had a SIM card not meant for my "zip code". Refused to tell me what zip code it was for, and why or how they happened to include it with my phone they sent me. All they would tell me was...I had a phone with a sim card which was not for my "zip code". They made me take it out, read the numbers, review all the data, give them the serial number, etc. etc. Each phone call is an ABSOLUTE MARATHON...which took hours, and hours, and hours of my time.

FINALLY, they told me that they would send me another SIM card. So I waited, waited, waited. (interestingly enough, I had ordered 2 other phones...which I had NO PROBLEM receiving while still waiting for this replacement SIM card) After about 2 weeks, I called back and they said, "oh, we don't have an address to send the SIM card to". What????? I asked them???? How could that be, not only did you SEND me the original phone when ordered off your website, but also, I confirmed all that information on the last call. "I do apologize ma'am" blah, blah, blah...like a bunch of robots. Doesn't matter how you respond to them....how angry you are, or what you sayh...they are PROGRAMMED to just be polite and ignore you. You'll hear allot of that with them. Means nothing. These people are like a bunch of ROBOTS. Programed to so (like the Stepford wives) :"I understand", "I do APOLOGIZE for that"...blah, blah, blah,...but never offering any REAL solution and absolutely UNYEILDING in their position of doing nothing about it.

So finally, I get on with a woman who actually reviews everything with me...and says she'll send a card in the next 5-7 business days. I ask, "well, I started this process on April 26th...it's now MID MAY"...I have lost about 3 weeks of time. SO...what are you going to do for me?

No problem, she says, "you bought and applied a card on April 26th, 2011". You have had no service up to now for almost 3 weeks. SO, when we finally do RECEIVE your new SIM card, and get your phone activated, we will give you

1) the MONTH you paid for

2) we will give you your LOSS of roughly 3 weeks

3) and we will GIVE YOU a MONTH of FREE EXTRA of service as COMPENSATRION for your extreme hassle."

I have dealt with Straight Talk on what I call the Straight Talk MARATHON before...so thinking all of this was WAY too good to be true, I....

1) SAY IT BACK TO HER

2) MAKE HER SAY IT BACK TO ME

3) BEG HER TO PUT IT ALL IN THE NOTES

NOW, I'm a pretty coherent and intelligent person...SO I reviewed all of that with her SEVERAL TIMES. Seemed fair enough to me...So I thanked her, and even told her I wanted to speak to her supervisor to express my satisfaction. SO I did. HERE'S THE AMAZING PART...when I wanted to THANK them, I could easily be passed over to a supervisor. WHEN I ASK to speak to a supervisor...it's just NEVER possible. Hmmmmm......keep that in mind for a future strategy.

I tell this woman Ok...PLEASE, Please, please put all that in the notes, because otherwise I will have to FIGHT WITH THE NEXT call center person when I call back. OH NO, she says, I am documenting all of this right now and you should have no problem.

LIE.

So several days later..(now may 12th----18 days of loss) I get a new SIM card. I call up, and finally, I get an activation. I tell the guy what she promised me...and he says

"OH NO, we're gonna give you 30 days-----HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO----you are not giving me 30 days, I paid for 30 days. And we'll give you the 18 days you lost...that's it.

SO we go round, and round, and round. NOthing. I have him read to me her notes....NOTHING. She wrote everything in the notes...but he interpreted it the way he wanted to.

I hang up and call back. Next woman...just as bad. I say to them....READ ME THE NOTES...she reads the notes...it's clear. Here's the KICKER.....this agent says... R U READY?????

She says, after reading the notes which absolultely reflect what the first agent promised me....(which were, give me my month I paid for, give me back the 3 weeks of LOSS, and give me an extra month of COMPENSATION).."WELL, THAT IS NOT WHAT SHE MEANT..." I said, "THAT IS THE PROBLEM....I TALKED TO HER, I WAS CLEAR WTIH HER, I SAID IT BACK TO HER, i MADE HER STAY IT BACK TO ME....that is exactly what she meant.

SO needless to say...even though none of this was my fault...even though they made mistake after mistake...

NO MATTER WHAT THEY PROMISE YOU...they will not keep their promises. They will LIE to you. THEY Will not allow you to speak to a supervisor UNLESS or UNTIL you are saying something positive about them...and then...AMAZING...they can pass the phone right on to a supervisor. AMAzing HOW THAT works.!

So my assessment of them is...

THEY ARE INCOMPETENT

THEY SEND OUT BAD PRODUCT

THEY ADD INSULT TO INJURY

THEY DON'T FOLLOW UP WITH YOU

THEY PROMISE YOU ONE THING, AND THEN DENY IT WAS EVER PROMISED

Finally...please understand...YOU are just a number. YOU absolutley do no MATTER to them.

They are trained and respond to you like a bunch of robots.

GOOD LUCK with that bunch..

I WILL TELL YOU THIS....

IF YOU TIME MATTERS TO YOU...

DO NOT TRY TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CROWD..

And of course.....if you have ever dealt with them.. YOU already know that just like the rest of AMerica....they outsource all of their calls to some foreign nation...seems like it might be the PHILLIPINES...and good luck with understanding them.

FOR absolutley certain....they DO NOT value the customer...only the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR that you give them. And once they have gotten you dollar.....too bad for you.

However, at the end of the day...this is all about the fact that I literally spent hours, and hours, and hours of my time at the hands of their incompetence, their insult to injury, their "reinterpretation" of someone else's notes, overall, they just BEAT ME DOWN. In fact, I was late for work...as I was tied up in a call I refused to cease when time for work rolled around (you how you get in the middle and refuse to start over?)

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STRAIGHT TALK...unless all you want is a $45.00 a month phone service...NEVER EXPECT ANY REASONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE...THERE IS NO SUCH THING. You are calling "the stepford wives" hotline. You will only take up all your time, and be disappointed (as you expect someone on the other end of the phone to REASON with you...not gonna happen my friend. Not gonna happen.

efb2af07, 2011-07-19, 06:37PM CDT

yES, DID SIMILIAR TO ME----AFTER WAITING FOR TEN DAYS---THEY FIRST SAID THEY TRIED TO DELIVER IT THREE TIMES, BUT NO ONE WAS HOME----THEN THEY SAID IT WAS THE WRONG ADDRESS. I SAID---"WELL WHICH IS IT?"--THEY SAID "BOTH". ANYWAY, THEY REFUSE TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!