Platinum Parking - Damanged my Car with No Responsibilty

Posted on Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 at 8:39am CST by a4837870

Company: Platinum Parking

Location: Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA, US

We went to dinner at Capital Grille in Philadelphia. I used a valet service called PLATINUM PARKING to park my car. The folks from this company are real shady. I had to get out of my car at the valet sign and I was approached by a kid dressed in all black standing against the wall. His jacket said platinum parking. He asked me if I was going to dinner at the restaurant. I gave them the keys to my car. Upon returning to the valet, I waited for my car to come. When the car arrived the car had a deep cut into the door as well as a dent.

I was given the name of the owner of platinum parking as Ron McCue, I Called him the following day and explained to him the situation. He said no problem send me some pictures, which I did. No return call. I ended up calling him only to have him explain that, Other cars park in his lot and maybe a door hit it. By the size of the dent, and the location (I have a large SUV truck.) This was not a possibility. It is clear that the driver ran into something sticking out somewhere. In order to have a dent the impact from a door would have to have been so deliberate and opened with great force. My body shop estimated the repairs at $630. Ron refuses to take any responsibility.

The People there are creepy, there is no business adress, and the telephne number is someone's cell phone.. AVOID AT ALL COSTS>..

c87df1bb, 2011-08-13, 02:23PM CDT

Well said! A couple of months ago one of their valets in front of Fogo de Chao parked my car in a handicapped spot and earned me a $300 parking ticket. Neither he nor the General Manager would take responsibility for this, as "no money was transacted." However, I did ask the valet where I was allowed to park and he took my car and parked it. He was on the clock and in uniform. The GM (Ron)was extremely unprofessional and ungracious for a representative of a valet service that holds itself out as first-class parking service: he attempted to tell me that the incident did not happen on company time, until I produced a parking slip that proved him wrong. All in all, I found all the dealings with these individuals frustrating and unprofessional, very nickel and dime. My husband and I used to frequent both the Brazilian Steakhouse and the Capital Grill, but we will not do it again. I will also let those companies know what their customers are dealing with on the streets. I SECOND THIS - AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I WILL NOT GO TO THOSE RESTAURANTS AGAIN. And honestly, I am surprised that such reputable eateries are using a valet company that doesn't even have a website.

94b4e01d, 2011-08-13, 02:39PM CDT

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!A month and a half ago, one of their valets in front of Fogo de Chao parked my car in a handicapped spot and earned me a $300 parking ticket. Neither he nor the General Manager (Ron) would take responsibility for this, as "no money was transacted." however, I did ask the valet where I was allowed to park and he took my car and parked it. He was on the clock and in uniform. The GM was extremely unprofessional and ungracious for a representative of a valet service that holds itself out as first-class parking service: he attempted to tell me that the incident did not happen on company time, until I produced a parking slip that proved him wrong. All in all, I found all the dealings with these individuals frustrating and unprofessional, very nickel and dime. My husband and I used to frequent both the Brazilian Steakhouse and the Capital Grill, but we will not do it again. I will also let those companies know what their customers are dealing with on the streets. I SECOND THAT - AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I AM SERIOUSLY SHOCKED THAT SUCH REPUTABLE EATERIES WOULD USE A VALET COMPANY THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A WEBSITE.

14da2ef8, 2014-01-06, 07:53PM CST

WORST COMPANY EVER. I briefly worked at this joke of a business and they still owe me a paycheck of over $120 more than 2 months later. AVOID PLATINUM PARKING