hautelook.com - Hautelook.com: Dishonest and greedy business

Company: hautelook.com

Location: 1212 S. Flower St., Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA, 90015, US

URL: http://www.hautelook.com/

I purchased a WHITE pre-owned Dolce & Gabanna peacoat from www.hautelook.com for about $500 in total (tax + shipping incl) during their "decadestwo 1 Italian label" event in late February, 2011. I normally don't buy pre-owned items but the pictures they offered showed a flawless coat and their description mentioned "next to new condition", so I ordered it. The item arrived on March 1, 2011 and I discovered a thin stain on the front of the WHITE coat (which looked like a pen mark). I immediately reported it to hautelook.com. I opened the coat and also found multiple dirt stains all over the lower edge inside the coat. Again, this is a WHITE coat and stains are fetal for white coats! The case was immediately reported and filed (I sent pictures of this to hautelook.com reps). Hautelook.com refused to let me return it since it was a final sale and offered me $50 for dry cleaning instead after a few days of dispute. I said I prefer to send it back and have them dry clean it and then they can send it back to me; and that if the stains are all out, I'd be more than happy to take it back. They emailed me back saying, all they can do is giving me $50 and if the dry cleaner is unable to get the stains out or make a mistake, it is their (dry cleaner's) responsibility. So basically, either way, it is my fault to buy a bad product and they will not take a responsibility no matter what! I think it is my right to get what I paid for- I paid for a "next to new condition" coat, not a dirty used coat that I would have NOT bought if it was accurately described. I decided to report this so that there won't be victims like me in the future and that hautelook.com stops deceiving their customers. Hautelook.com should be more responsible and honest instead of being greedy and only interested in selling.