RockAuto Auto Parts - RockAuto does not stand behind their parts

Product: Auto Parts

Company: RockAuto Auto Parts

Location: Madison, WI, US

URL: http://rockauto.com/

I purchased an AC condenser for my car from Rock Auto in May 2009. In less than 24 months, the condenser had corroded out and all of the refrigerant was gone. I called Rock Auto customer service and was told that since the supplier had been "bought out", that the original warranty was no longer valid. How is this my problem? I am out not only $150 for a new condenser, but an additional $150 for a recharge at a shop. After spending a good $1000 or so there in the past couple of years, I am done. I would have been happy with a credit on a new part, but they did not offer anything, zero. They don't stand behind their product.

3e28a052, 2011-03-31, 05:55PM CDT

We're sorry to hear about the problems this reviewer had with his condenser. We offer a 30-day return policy and, beyond that, our parts are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, as explained on our website (http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/warranties.html). When a customer contacts us about a warranty problem, we help the customer file a claim with the manufacturer and exchange the bad part for a new one. But we can't file a warranty claim with, or obtain a replacement part from, a manufacturer that no longer exists.