DirectAir - DirectAir refuses refund

Location: MYRTLE BEACH, FL, US

URL: http://www.directair.com/

Category: Airlines

Dear DirectAir Customer Service:

The reservation shown below, confirmation number 1371798 was made in error. Upon realizing the error I immediately tried to call your office at Direct Air. Unfortunately your phone system does not give you any options and only tells you to call back if the lines are busy. I tried calling back repeatedly immediately after realizing the error to cancel this reservation. I was never able to reach anyone or even be placed on hold. Later the same day after repeated attempts to contact your office. I was able to obtain your direct phone number and be placed on hold. I was on hold for over one hour and when I finally spoke to a service agent was told that DirectAir does not issue refunds even for errors. I explained the situation and my inability to get through to an agent immediately after realizing the error. In my many years of traveling I have never encountered a policy that does not allow for error. During my conversation with your agent I requested to speak to a manager or supervisor on duty. I was told this was not an option. Again, I have never dealt with a company or organization that does not allow you to speak to a person responsible for the department.

I request that you refund in full the ticket purchased in error. It is my understanding that you operate at the Greater Chicago Rockford Airport with financial assistance from state and local funding. As a tax payer that contributes to those funds I find your apparent lack of customer sensitivity appalling. Please note this correspondence is being forwarded to my state and federal representatives, the local airport board, the Greater Chicago Rockford Airport, Myrtle Beach and Rockford Better Business Bureaus and the regional FAA office. I truly hope you will reconsider your decision and policy.

Please if you have any questions concerning this request contact me.

Sincerely,

Mrs. R.

9ab1c03f, 2011-12-26, 11:13AM CST

HAS THIS COMPLAINT BEEN RESOLVED? I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DIRECT AIR TOO..FLIGHTS BOOKED ...UNABLE TO USE.