Mothernature.com - Mothernature.com Rips Off Customers

Company: Mothernature.com

Location: 322 7th Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY, 10001, US

URL: http://www.mothernature.com/

I placed an order with this company via their website mothernature.com on 2/9/11 in the amount of $53.12, order #1505365. The company sent a confirmation email to me acknowledging my order on 2/9/11. My credit card was charged on 2/10/11. 12 days later, after not receiving my order, I contacted the company on 2/21/11 via their web site email system (they do not take phone calls) inquiring as to the status of my order. I received an email back on 2/22/11 informing me that the items I ordered are out of stock and on back-order. I requested that my order be cancelled and my money be refunded. 6 days later, after not receiving a refund, I again contacted the company on 2/28/11 via their web site email system asking for an update on the status of my refund. They emailed back saying it takes 1-2 credit card billing cycles for the refund to be credited back to my account. I am writing to report this company as deceptive and fraudent in their business practices. They advertise items for sale that they do not have in stock and charge their customers' credit cards, despite not having the items in stock. They refuse to refund my money in a timely manner. A customer should not have to wait up to 2 months to be refunded. Furthermore, this company should not be charging customers' credit cards for items they do not have in stock. They do not provide phone customer service agents and there is no way to reach a live person via telephone. I am requesting an immediate refund back to my credit card of $53.12.

a799c693, 2011-12-24, 01:21AM CST

I had a similar happening months ago and I'm still waiting for my money. I'm filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals office. Hope others do too.