Ulta - Hair Disaster

Company: Ulta

Location: 977 Emmet Street
Charlottesville, Vi, 22903, US

URL: http://www.ulta.com/

I had long (middle of back), color-treated hair. I asked the manager of the salon if I could get a large, spiral perm. She looked at my hair, felt it, and told me "Sure"! We set an appointment for early in the morning on the 17th of December. On the 17th, the manager, Jennifer Snoddy, rolled up my hair, started applying the permanent solution - in the process, squirting the solution directly into my right eye - and set me under a hot hair dryer to 'cook'. After a length of time, she applied the neutralyzer and removed the rods. When we got in front of the mirror, I saw that my hair did NOT hang in curls, but rather looked "crinkled" and limp. The stylist did NOT pick or comb out my hair, but instead used a hand dryer with defuser to take the bare minimum of wet from my hair and sent me home. I went home and started dressing for work, looked in the mirror and decided that the hair was just too disheveled for work. I took a large pick and started to pick out my hair. First of all, I couldn't even get the pick down to my scalp - it was just too matted/snarled. Every time I put the pick into my hair, it came out FULL. In just a few minutes, the sink in my bathroom was FULL of hair that pulled out of my head. The hair still attached to my scalp was all sorts of lengths - from broken off at the scalp, to almost the original length. It also stood straight out and was sticky to the touch. I wound up having to cut all of my hair off just to minimize the disaster look. I have spent over $500 on treatments and haircuts/trims and am not done yet. I still have 2 inches of damaged hair on the top of my head that will have to come off. I complained to the parent company, was promised that my complaint would be taken seriously and that the regional supervisor would contact me. I have never heard anything else from Ulta.