Staples - Rude Sales People

Product: Printer Ink Cartridge

Company: Staples

Location: Spruce St.
Tampa, FL, US

I went to the Staples store on Spruce St. in Tampa, FL to buy some new printer cartridges for my Lexmark printer. I knew the cartridge numbers but they also had cartridges that were twice the ink, looked the same but had different numbers.

I asked a clerk if they were compatible. She looked at me as though I had asked for her first born male child. I was bluntly told to look on the box and see if my printer model was listed there and she walked away almost in a huff. I asked another clerk because I did not write down my model number, only the cartridge number. I could not believe it but she was even ruder than the first telling me that I should know what I am buying before I came to the store! I simply replied that she should know what she is selling before coming to work ... then I left. I would NEVER go to a Staples store again; it seems to me all they have working there are cashiers with absolutely no knowledge of the products they sell and certainly no knowledge of how to be polite to customers.