CHEVREOLET - POOR QUALITY PAINT ON CHEVY

Company: CHEVREOLET

Location: From inside the U.S. Chevrolet P.O. Box 33170 Detroit, MI 48232-5170
Detroit, MI, 48323, US

URL: http://www.gmownercenter.com

I HAVE A 2006 CHVEY EXPRESS THAT THE PAINTED BUMPER HAS A RUST PROBLEMS THE PAINT IS peeling off . THE WARRANTY ON PAINT IS 100K THE VAN HAS 81000 MILLES.I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND TEAM CHEVROLET IN VALLEJO SAID IS AN ACT OF GOD AND IS NOT COVER BY THE WARRANTY. AND FAIRFIELD CHEVROLET SAID IS CAUSE BY NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR CAUSED BY THE ENVIROMENT. THE TRUTH IS THAT IS DEFECTIVE PAINT AND THEY NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY.

72195134, 2011-07-12, 01:45PM CDT

Hi. I have a 1999 and 2005 Chevy Express cargo vans 3500 extended. The paint is peeling on the roof and hoods of both vehicles. Chevrolet needs to correct this problem with these vehicles. Its a manufacturers paint defect. I sold the 99 express and just have the 2005. I am looking to buy a new van soon. I love the Express but I just may go and Buy a new Ford E350 ext van. Ford vans have no paint problems. Good Luck.

e63ee1f5, 2013-07-25, 11:10PM CDT

I have a 2004 Chevy Express 1500. The paint is chipping off of the hood exposing the gray primer. I have noticed almost every Chevy Express van is like that. It is a factory paint problem that Chevrolet should have a recall to correct. Don't hold your breath.

3bc02ba1, 2015-03-07, 11:53PM CST

this should of been a recall the paint is peeling off of all these vans and every truck you see coming down the road . I would think Chevrolet would of stood behind this because this makes them look really bad.

way to go chevy.

37477ce2, 2015-03-31, 10:35PM CDT

I am another paint victim of paint peeling off the hood of my 2008 Chevy Van 1500 Express. Please write to me if this has happened to you with your Chevy van. Write to me at [email protected] Thank you.

bb7ad8f5, 2015-05-30, 06:44AM CDT

Every CHEVY express white van I see has the paint peeling or bubbling. You would think that Chevy would take pride in the look of their Vans that is seen every where, either for personal use, big corporations down to the small business.. when the public sees the paint problem they know that Chewy has done nothing about a recall on the paint job that is very apparent a defect when the paint was applied at the plants and NOT a normal wear and tear problem. This should be a recall..

3928d12d, 2015-06-12, 04:46PM CDT

Have an 04 3/4 T. Excellent truck , we are 2nd owners.Began to notice peeling about 2-3 yrs.ago along the drip rail, then the rear door, now the roof. Like others I see this on other trks. frequently.

I will first try the canned spray mentioned previously, can't see 3 grand on a trk. worth

mayb$ 10 with good paint.

No more dealer purchases for me. ( please, no dalmation dog references )

Retired contractor in Tennessee.

Danny D., 2015-07-20, 11:37AM CDT

We have a 2007 window van. It is peeling all over the hood and fenders, side above one of the windows and on the top. Washed and waxed on a routine bases. We have a 2000 Ford van and it's paint looks as good as the day we drove it off the lot.

tom d., 2015-07-27, 07:36PM CDT

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 2005 CHEVY EXPRESS VAN ....I LIVE IN NAPLES FL. ITS STARTED ON MY ROOF AND IM GETTING LEAKS. NOW MY HOOD IS STARTING TO BUBBLE AND READY TO START MASSIVELY PEEL...I TALKED TO A WORKER AT THE CHEVY PLANT AND HE TOLD ME THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO DIP EACH CAR TWICE IN A PRIMER SOLUTION ...THEY ONLY DID IT ONCE....IGUES BEING CONTRUCTION WORKERS WERE TREATED AS INSGINIFICANT

ID LIKE TO GET 50 GUYS IN NAPLES ....WHERE I HAVENT SEEN ONE VAN WITHOUT THIS PEELING...RUSTING .PIECE A CRAP PAINT JOB.............AND PICKET SOME CHEVY DEALERS ....I THINK THE DEALERS ARE AS GUILTY AS THE EXECUTIVES

TOM