XM Sirius Radio - XM Sirius - phantom charges

Posted on Monday, March 21st, 2011 at 2:17pm CDT by 76214b34

Company: XM Sirius Radio

I received a letter in the mail from a bill collector stating that I owed XM radio forty some odd dollars. I hadn't had XM for months, so how I could still be getting a bill from them was baffling to me. Last year, I signed up for 3 months of radio and payed UP FRONT. I set up my account to not automatically renew. After the three months, I decided not to renew my subscription and allow the radio to shut off.

Lo and behold, XM decides to send me a bill out of nowhere. Their call support center is completely useless. You can tell that none speak English as their first language and read from a flowchart. It's impossible to get any real help, and you can tell that this entire company is run poorly from top to bottom. The quality of their radio service continues to decline while the prices skyrocket, and their customer service has always left A LOT to be desired.

I will pay this phantom charge, but only because I take solace in the fact that I will do everything within my power to persuade EVERYONE I SPEAK WITH to never give these thieves a dime. If it weren't for the car companies, sirius/xm would have went under a long, long time ago with the way they treat their customers.