Cuisinart - Cuisinart 12 cup coffee maker - FIRE HAZARD

Posted on Sunday, March 20th, 2011 at 6:01pm CDT by 5fe0244f

Product: DCC 1100

Company: Cuisinart

Location: CA

I purchased a Cuisinart 12 cup coffee maker model DCC 1100 four months ago. This coffee maker is a FIRE HAZARD!!! This morning, immediately after brewing, the unit started billowing smoke and making a crackling noise. As my smoke detector sounded, I grabbed the smoking coffee maker and threw it on my balcony. A few more minutes and it would have ignited into a full flame. I have now found a number of posts at www.consumeraffairs.com which describe the same problem. It seems that Cuisinart denies there is a problem and has not pulled the product from shelves. I stopped by two major department stores this morning (The Bay and Sears in Canada) to advise them of my experience, and asked them to consider pulling the coffee maker from their shelves. If Cuisinart will not listen to consumers, then I am hoping these stores will. Hopefully, someone will not have to die to finally get this coffee maker recalled.

d67b15c3, 2012-05-12, 08:55AM CDT

I had exactly the same problem with my DCC 1200 model, Ser# 91028, Cuisinart Coffeemaker this morning! Bizarre!!