NetGear Inc - NetGear Support RIPOFF

Company: NetGear Inc

Location: 350 East Plumeria Drive
San Jose, Ca, 95134-1911, US

URL: http://netgear.com/

I have an 8 month old NetGear Router that will not allow wireless access from laptops. I am sure it is simply a setting that is not clicked on in the laptops. I called and spoke with a tech support person (in India I am sure) that said the equipment is under warranty, but I would have to pay for support. He told me he could transfer me to the GEAR HEADS! I asked what the cost was and he said $69 (USD). I can buy a competitor's router and get FREE customer/technical support for less. NetGear rips people off. I believe they charge people for support service because the customer is in need and frustrated and is there now on the phone with them with total disregard for the customer's money. It is a ripoff. The equipment is under warranty, but I have to pay for support to use it? NetGears equipment is worthless to me and I can't even throw it in the trash because of the toxics used to manufacture it! I am not in any hurry as this issue has been going on for more than a week. For others with more money than brains or that NEEDS instant access and will pay any amount for it that may be fine. I just do not have unlimited financial resources. I will go buy a competitor's router and make a youtube video of this one being destroyed and post it on youtube.