Target - Gypted Twice at Target

Company: Target

Location: 4390 Montgomery Road
Ellicott City, MD, 21043, US

URL: http://www.target.com/

On Saturday, March 5th, I purchased a file box. The display said it was $5.00. When I got to the register, it would not ring up, and the cashier called for a price check. The girl who checked the price said it was $9.99. I objected, but bought the item anyway, because it was close to closing time and I was too tired to argue. I found a similar item cheaper at an office store, so I put the Target receipt in my trunk so I could return the item. When I looked for the receipt, it was gone. On March 12th, I tryed to return the item, and the only prioe they could give me was the price they should have charged me to begin with, $5.00, and no cash, gift card only. That was gypt number one, and I was prepared to accept it, until I heard gypt number 2.

My son was given a Target gift card 2 years ago for his birthday worth either $20 or $25. It states on it that it has no expiration date. I called the 800 number on the back of the card to verify that the amount on it (neither of us remember it being used) and the 800 number has no record of it. We get no live person, just a computerized loop. I had asked at the counter for them to check the balance while I was returning the file box. They could not tell me, and said the only thing we could do was call the same 800 number, which we had already done 12 times. I had them give the file box back to me, because I told them I was never shopping at Target again, and I mean it. I am out at least $30 because of them.