Virgin Mobile - Apalling lack of customer service

Location: 10 Independence Blvd
Warren, PA, 07059, US

URL: http://www.virginmobile.com/

5/13 - I bought a phone from Virgin Mobile

5/16 - I received an email from VM stating that my phone was shipped overnight (Fed-Ex)

5/19 - I called customer service (888-322-1122) because phone had not arrived. I was assured that the phone was "in transit" and I would have it by 5/20 or 5/21.

5/22 - I called customer service again because still no phone. I had to start all over because, when you call there, no one has a clue & it's like the 1st time you are calling. I was told the issue would be "escalated". When I asked to speak with a manager, I was refused.

5/26 - Still no phone - emails ignored. I called customer service again - once again, my request to speak to a manager was refused. I asked that my money be refunded, but was told my phone had shipped, so I could not get a refund.

5/27 - I called customer service once again looking for a tracking # - transferred to tech support, then finally (after waiting on hold for 20 minutes) transferred to a manager. He said that the case had not been escalated, but he would do that now, apologized, and assured me that he would get a phone shipped to me and contact me with the tracking #

6/4 - no communication - no phone - called customer service - after waiting on hold for another 20 min, spoke with manager who assured me that my phone would definitely ship 6/6 and I would be contacted with a tracking #

6/7 - no communication - no phone - called customer service - spent 1 1/2 hours (until 10:30pm) on the phone trying to get someone... anyone.. to put a phone in a box and send it to me. Once again, I was promised that a phone would be shipped and an order # & tracking # would be emailed to me that night.

6/8 - no communication - no phone - called customer service - was told I need to be "patient" while they follow their procedures

6/9 - received an email saying no phones were available to ship and they would credit my account (not my Pay Pal account, where they took the money out of)... my Virgin account. Then they had the audacity to charge me a monthly fee when I hadn't been able to make any calls because I HAVE NO PHONE!!!!!

I have lived in fear for four weeks because if I had an emergency I would have no way to call for help. I have spent hours on the phone (my office phone at work) getting stressed & frustrated over this situation. They do not care. They kept my money, lied to me over & over again, and never sent my phone.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with!