Target - Bogus Claim of Organic product at Target

Posted on Wednesday, June 8th, 2011 at 8:54am CDT by a3fc1dcb

Company: Target

URL: http://Target.com/

I am very concerned about the claim of `organic` of some products I purchased at my local Target store. For example, I paid a great premium for the product called `ORGANYC` Menstrual pads (SKU 8 93089 0021 5). They claim to use certified organic cotton, yet there are no certification logos anywhere. I went to the manufacturer's website, corman.it, and the product is not even found. I contacted Target officials through their web-site and their 1-800 number, and spoke to Nathan, reference # I-458595319. He said that Target is not making any claim that their merchandise is organic and I should talk to the manufacturers. The manufacturer is overseas and does not respond. Since when is Target not responsible for what they sell? Target must take responsibility for what they sell and advertise as organic as per their web-site, receipts, and display/labels in the stores. Otherwise, misinformation and requesting premiums for products that are fraudolently portrayed as organic would make Target a willing or unwilling partner in fraud. I demanded transparency and got none from Target. Can you help?