FedEx Ground - FedEx Ground Poor Service

Posted on Sunday, June 5th, 2011 at 10:28am CDT by e8755799

Company: FedEx Ground

Location: 15 Industrial Way
Warren, RI, 02885, US

Tracking information from FedEx Ground said that a watch I had repaired would be delivered on Saturday June 4. I waited all day, and learned in the late afternoon that an exception had been noted, at 2:00PM, "Customer not available or business closed." I am not a business, just a residential customer, and I was home all day. I spoke on the phone with a FedEx customer representative who asked if a door tag was left. Huh?? If the driver didn't show up, how could there be a door tag? I should note that this is the second time this has occurred, again with a driver from the Warren RI FedEx location. My thought is that the drivers just want to get home early and bag the rest of their deliveries. Now, because of all the work that FedEx did for me on Saturday, they take Monday off, and I will have to wait all day Tuesday for my delivery, if in fact a delivery is made. This is an expensive item, and asking the driver to just leave it is not an option. I will never, ever use FedEx Ground again, nor will I deal with a vendor who offers only FedEx Ground as a delivery service.