Real Canadian Superstore - Superstore need customer to haul heavy items from cart

Posted on Sunday, June 26th, 2011 at 5:31pm CDT by 75a7dc2d

Real Canadian Superstore

Store 1518

4700 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC

Re: Cashier service at checkout

When I was at the store on Sunday, Jun 26, 2011, a cashier named Gurmit was extremely rude to me. I bought 4 packs of 12-cans pop and 7kg PC dog food. When I was at the checkout counter, I read a sign saying, Please leave heavy & large items in your cart, I was so relief as I have just dislocated my elbow and will not be able to haul all those heavy items onto the checkout counter and put it back to the cart. I expect the cashier to come around and scan the heavy items in my cart, but it turns out, the cashier just point to the items in my cart and said, I need to scan those, meaning that I have to haul those heavy items back onto the checkout counter for her to scan. I told her that there was a sign saying that I can leave those heavy items in cart and she repeated her phrase, I need to scan those. I was not able to do that obviously with one hand, but she does not have any intention to come around and help me and insist that I need to do that myself. Luckily my wife was there to help me to haul all those items onto the counter and let her scan, I was extremely upset from the way I was treated.

If the cashier will not come out and scan those heavy items in cart, please do not put up a sign of that courtesy.

If I can do all the lifting myself, I would have opt to go to the self-checkout, the reason why I lined up for a real person checkout is because I need assistance in lifting the items.