Tipton Honda El Cajon - Premature Wearing of Brake Pads on Honda Civic LX 09

Company: Tipton Honda El Cajon

Location: 889 Arnele Avenue
El Cajon, CA, 92020, US

URL: http://www.tiptonhonda.com/

I'd like to join the many other complaints regarding the unusual and premature wearing of front brake pads on the 2009 Honda Civic LX. Brakes should not need to be replaced every 10-18K miles, as suggested by Honda. Brakes on other reputable cars like, Toyota, Nissan, Lexus, Ford, and Chevy all last between 35k to 50k miles before having to be replaced. http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/2009/brakes/premature_brake_system_wear.shtml

The Honda dealerships appear to be blaming the customer; however, I see an issue in the mechanics of the braking system. I purchased my Honda at 34 miles, and 18K miles later the brakes needed to be replaced along with machining the rotors. 10K miles later, Honda told me I needed new brakes again. I was shocked. I took it to an outside brake specialist for a second opinion who suggested the calipers weren't working properly. When I demonstrated this to Honda they disregarded my concern. It wasn't until I stood my ground and would not accept their answer, did they even consider the calipers weren't functioning properly. In the end, the front left caliper was replaced - along with replacing both front brake pads and machining the rotors (under warranty). I am glad they fixed the issue, but had I not fought for what I felt was right they would have sent me on my way without dealing with the problem at hand.

There is definitely a problem with the materials and the brake system on this car, as evident through my case and many others. The rest of the people must get snowballed into thinking that this is normal. Not me.

In the year 2011, one would think Honda would have a stellar braking system, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I am very disappointed in my recent purchase of a brand new Honda. I am certainly never taking my Honda back to Tipton Honda El Cajon, CA - for lack of quality customer service and general services offered - and I will definitely not purchase one or recommend one in the future. I am even considering trading the Honda in for a different car, like a Toyota or Subaru. Listen to your customers, deal with and fix the problems that arise as reputable, honorable companies should.