209 Downtown salon & Spa - Bad color

Company: 209 Downtown salon & Spa

Location: 209 E Louisiana McKinney, TX 75069
McKinney, TX, 75069, US

URL: http://209downtown.com/

DO NOT GO TO THIS SALON- MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR REPUTATION.

I was in this salon and was going for a color change. I asked their receptionist to be put with their most senior colorist who would be farmiliar with using a color remover to color correct my hair. Not only was I not put with the most senior colorist, they did not remove the color first-they colored over it and I was there for over 4 going on 5 hours. The result was a mess. I scheduled to come back in to have it fixed the next day.

My stylist called in sick, so I was put with a new colorist to fix the color who did not know the color line which made me very nervous. After another 4+ hours I thought it was ok when I left. However, when I washed it the first time, it was red at the roots and grey on the ends and I was beside myself.

I had originally thought about giving them a third chance to fix it, but after consulting with some friends in the business back home in Chicago where I am from, they told me to go to a salon that would use the color remover as originally prescribed. And besides- after sitting there 2 days in a row for almost 10 hours, would you want to go back?

I tried to call the Lori the owner for 3 days but never got a return phone call from her. When I finally did talk with her, she accepted no responsibility and offered no help and refused to refund my money. I have never written a negative review about someone, but when I called to just to ask for a refund, I was told that it was my fault and they would absolutely do nothing more to help. Not a very good business practice.