Best Buy - Best Buy's Poor Customer Service

Posted on Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 at 5:48pm CDT by 05f80b10

Product: Kitchenaid Side by Side Refrigerator

Company: Best Buy

Location: Beavercreek, OH, 45431, US

I had the ice/water dispenser on my refrigerator repaired in August 2010 under a service plan. In October 2010, the unit failed again (mechanically) and they replaced the entire freezer door because the ice/water dispenser cannot easily be removed from the door. Today the ice/water dispenser began smoking and then all the indicator lights went blank. I called Best Buy and they advised me that because the service plan had expired it would be $100 for a service person to visit to diagnose. It would then be $25 per 15 minutes after the first hour and of course in addition the material cost too. I explained that this was only 9 months old and they told me that they only warranty the parts for 30 days. I told them that their lack of support would certainly make me second guess purchasing additional items from Best Buy and the Supervisor said that that was fine and told me to have a good day. As a long time customer of Best Buy, I was surprised at the lack of support or willingness to try to work with me regarding this issue. The ice/water dispenser should have obviously lasted much longer than 9 months. Think twice before buying from Best Buy.