Radio Shack - Radio Shack Cell Phone

Posted on Sunday, July 24th, 2011 at 3:21pm CDT by Richard K.

Product: 139

Company: Radio Shack

Location: Glen Burnie Mall
Glen Burnie, MD, US

Believe it or not, I went into this Glen Burnie store to buy another SGH-T139 cell phone. It's very simple, cheap, and it's been working fine for 2 years now. It's beginning to have periodic reception issues. I wanted to get another one. I bought a couple in the past for my parents because of the large letters on the display and simplistic keypad. I had one for myself because of it's simplicity ,durability, and affordability. I deal with very hi-tech for a living and I want my home life to be simplistic. The salesman babbled something about registration and plans. I told him I didn't care. He could if he wanted., I'd bought 3 of these before; Once the salesman created an account. I ignored the bs and swapped the sim card. The other 2 phones I bought, I just paid for. No hassles. I just wanted to buy a working phone outright. This "salesman" actually refused to sell me the phone because I stated that I wasn't going to use the "program". Radio Shack immediately lost a sale. Amazon gained one. Free shipping. I ordered a car charger and rubbery cover as well. Radio Shack is barely a shell compared to what it once was. I'm surprised it's still open. When the only thing they have left is cell phones and batteries, and they want to be rude and refuse to sell the cell phones, I'm not sure what keeps them afloat. I won't be back!