Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless messes up, blames and charges me for mistake

Posted on Thursday, July 21st, 2011 at 10:34pm CDT by 499025e5

Product: Wireless Cell Service

Company: Verizon Wireless

URL: http://verizonwireless.com/

After losing my cell phone, I called Verizon Wireless customer service to have the account of the lost phone cancelled and to set up a new account (cheaper than buying a new phone at retail price). They set me up with a new phone, but instead of cancelling the line of the lost phone (which I had a day earlier suspended online) they upgraded the phone to a more expensive data package and added insurance to the lost phone. Because of all the additional charges involved, I only noticed the mistake at my second bill (I had expected the first bill to be high). I've tried to get the charges reversed on two separate occasions. They maintain that I must not have explicitly asked for the lost phone line to be disconnected, despite the fact that that was the very reason for my first call. Plus, I am certain that I did not ask for a data upgrade and insurance on a phone that I had lost. Despite the absurdity of my having done this, they will not reverse the charges.